Author Topic: Nest Seawright / Little Tribune - 2011 Season  (Read 3276 times)

Offline winterwren

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
Nest Seawright / Little Tribune - 2011 Season
« on: February 14, 2011, 06:33:47 PM »
A place to post fotos & information to do with Nest Little Tribune Bay/Seawright.

Doug*s map of all the Hornby nests is here.

Nest Little Tribune Bay/Seawright is not on Doug*s map.
It is upwards from nest #25, along the shore of Little Tribune Bay.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 09:04:24 PM by boonibarb »

Offline winterwren

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
Re: Nest Seawright / Little Tribune
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 06:43:50 PM »
For the past three weeks, a dear friend of mine has been house-sitting near this nest, and almost daily she's seeing one or two adult eagles in this area. One day she even witnessed a territorial fight above her backyard!

Today, at the tail end of the storm, I had an errand in the area, and I needed fresh air. So I walked down to the beach to see what I could see.

Sure enough, there was an adult guarding the area; this one flew over the bay from time to time, and used two different perch trees, one to the north of the beach access and one to the south.

I could not find the nest... but then my binoculars were so full of rain, it was hard to see anything. The wind was still strong and the surf crashed high and loud. The eagles here must be used to the wind! My friend said they were out and about, even during the worst part of the storm.
 :ecsmile

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
Re: Nest Seawright / Little Tribune
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 09:26:30 PM »
Winterwren, thank you for creating this new thread.  It will be interesting to see what you discover there.  Those eagles must be very hardy!   :nod2
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir