Author Topic: Raven Coal Mine  (Read 53029 times)

Offline Blue

• HEG
Re: Raven Coal Mine
« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2011, 01:33:11 PM »
They took the poll off the newspaper. I hope the results (posted above) that I sent to the EAO didn't get a rebuttal by someone.

These next 3 days are your last opportunities to speak out against Compliance Coal Inc dba Comox Ventures\Raven Coal Mine.  The deadline for email submissions to government is this Monday, June 27th.   For useful info and suggestions, go to www.coalwatch.ca

Please voice your concerns before its too late.  Send them to government at: http://www.eao.gov.bc.ca/pcp/forms/Raven.html

Our famous eaglets are mentioned on the Coal Watch website!!!

Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline Doug

« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2011, 05:03:30 PM »
I have sent 9 comments to the Environment Assessment people - each one about a different aspect.  Today I sent #10 comment.  Still another day or two left for comments.

Offline Doug

« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2011, 05:09:56 PM »
Thankyou Blue and Passerine for your great support in the Coal Mine issue.  The Great Eagle in the Sky will make sure you are not sent to a coal mine in the next life.

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2011, 02:51:07 PM »

Baynes Sound coal mine opposition called 'unprecedented'
By Staff Writer - Comox Valley Record
Published: June 30, 2011 8:00 PM

Nearly 2,000 people submitted comments about the proposed Raven underground coal mine in Baynes Sound during the 30-day public comment period that ended Monday — an unprecedented number in a provincial environmental assessment process, says the Wilderness Committee.

"To the best of our knowledge only three times before has there been this level of public opposition — with the Bute Inlet Hydro project, the Glacier Howser Power Project and the Lodgepole Coal Mine — and all three of those projects are dead in the water," Tria Donaldson said in a news release. “The provincial government needs to be paying very close attention to this process, and be prepared to do the right thing for local communities and for the environment. The public has given a resounding ‘No’ to Raven Coal, now government has to act.”

In its history, the BC environmental assessment process has turned down just two projects...

http://www.bclocalnews.com/vancouver_island_north/comoxvalleyrecord/news/124822399.html

The coal mine is at the midway point of the assessment process. The next phase of public comments is expected to happen in 10 months to a year.

Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2011, 06:36:40 PM »
We hope another successful effort will take place and that it will become three projects that have been stopped!
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir