HEGPS - Our Nature Zone
March 28, 2017, 12:37:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Help keep the Hornby cam broadcasting! See this new topic: http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php?topic=1649.0

Home   Help Login Register Website Webcam Facebook  
collapse
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 ... 79   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ground Observations - 2010-2011 the Alexandra & David Season  (Read 287999 times)
marjy2u

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 09:26:35 PM »

Outstanding photo, Booni!!!!! Thanks for sharing that with us! love
NancyM
HEGPS
Administrator

United States United States

« Post / Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 09:30:03 PM »

Superb, booni!  Thank you!  smileheart
geepers

« Post / Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 09:33:07 PM »

Hi everyone,  want to thank Booni, Wren and Rap and everyone else who has created our chatroom and did the searching and pics of mom this week. What exciting times for our group and you have made it so for us!!! Thank you so much for your hugh contributions to our wonderful group!!!! We sooo appreciate all you do!!! (((HUGSSS)))) geepers thumbup  heart
boonibarb
HEGPS
Forum Guide

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #18 on: October 12, 2010, 09:35:45 PM »

i went back to my van, woooohooooo*ing away, & throwing my arms into the air & doing a happy shuggle.
i was happy happy happy to have seen Mum, & to have captured a nice foto to show you all.
i made my way towards home, & as i turned the corner onto my street i looked up at a perch tree there, & there was a large bird in the tree!
Was that a raven or an eagle???
i kept looking as i drove by, but could not decide.
When i parked & looked up, i was pretty sure it was an eagle, so i got my camera out again.
Now, there*s a bit of a funny story to do with this perch tree.
When mishi was visiting, she wore paths in the roads of the Nest Tree neighbourhood, with all the walking she did there with Dooki.
Every time she went to the Nest or to Grassy Point, she passed by this little cabin on the end of my street.
She declared to me that this would be the perfect cabin for her, & it even had a nice perch tree in the yard.
i told her that, once, i had seen Mum & Dad perched in this tree.
Well, as chance would have it, this was the tree that Mum had flown to!
i watched her again for a while, looking every which way, & blowing in the wind.
At one point i heard trilling from the Nest #9 neighbourhood.
Mum let out a good couple of cachunkas in return.
i*d wished i*d gotten this in a video!
i took a good few fotos, & some video.
Then i set the camera for video again.
The distant trilling was heard & Mum returned it with her cachunkas, then flew off!
She flew back in the direction of the Nest Tree.

october 12 2010 10:25am - Mum in mishi*s cabin*s Tree

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVSIE7lZiL8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVSIE7lZiL8</a>

wooohoooo!
Thumper66

« Post / Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 09:37:41 PM »

1.  Booni...terrific photo of mom.  Thank you for your narrative...I could just picture the moment you realized it was mom (and not dad).  What a Kodak moment!!!!  How fun.  Mom looks like she's lost feathers in the back of her head.  Is that part of her molting?  Thanks for sharing.

2.  Just saw the 2nd video.  Wow.  What is so nice is that with your videos we can click on the full screen and it works (unlike the WE screens).  It's wonderful!!!   Loved your "Woohoo" at the end too. Thank you so much for allowing us to see mom in action again sitting in Mishi's tree.  I've missed she and dad so much ... I absolutely love these two!!!!
   heart

boonibarb
HEGPS
Forum Guide

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 09:58:38 PM »

Okay, i found the post in the 2009 Ground Observations thread where Mum & Dad were in this same tree.

click here

wooohoooo!
amyklai

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 09:59:39 PM »

Thank you booni, you are not only a great photographer , but an equally excellent narrator . looking forward to allot more .
Rajame
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 10:02:47 PM »

Booni!!!!

Thank you thank you!! Mr Raj and I are here cheering. Thank you for the write up. I was right there with you holding your tripod and sun glasses.  wink

You are soooooooooo good to us!

Hugs,
Rajame  heart

Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.
OpieK

« Post / Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 10:03:44 PM »

Booni - you are truly amazing with your camera.  Thank you so much for your photos and videos.  It is wonderful to see and hear Mum again!
knitmaster

« Post / Reply #24 on: October 12, 2010, 10:06:39 PM »

Booni - as always your pics and vid are wonderful - this was such a remarkable day and it must have been such a thrill for you!  Thank you so much!  Mishi must be thrilled that Mom was on that tree!
Donnae
HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 10:09:42 PM »

Booni.... thank you, thank you, thank you...... get photo and pic of Mom... she looks great and so nice to see her. This shift is the pits... miss too many daylight hours... but at least I have the observations, screencaps and your wonderful photos and video. So appreciated... loved you woooohoooo at end of video... nice to hear!!!!
Raptorman

« Post / Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 10:27:53 PM »

love

Tigerlady105
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 11:39:39 PM »

Faaaaaaaaaaantastic, Booni.  You are our eyes and ears!!!   love  Thank you for showing us the wonderful photos and videos that you take... of all the eagles and, today, of Mom.   heart

Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir
luvthebirds
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 11:45:55 PM »

Thank you so much, Booni.  I am so glad we are at a camp with good wifi so I could see the video and pictures.  big grin

Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)
amyam

« Post / Reply #29 on: October 13, 2010, 01:37:40 AM »

Booni - You absolutely had me glued to your narrative of your encounter with Mom and IDing her!! It warmed my heart to view the photo and video of what we've all been envisioning and just trying to stay calm about these past LONG days, it seems.  THank you thank you.  Everyone following this very real experience shares what you describe, and we eagerly look forward to more enchanting writings.  What a neat story about Mishi.  What a perfect setting!!!  Words are just inadequate - what a wonderful wonderful event to see Mom and Dad continue on.  I wonder if she was 'remembering' Phoenix as she sat on the cam box that first or second day of her observed return.
Aloha,
Amy
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 ... 79   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Theme Changer

Forum Default

Permanently