HEGPS - Our Nature Zone
July 23, 2018, 12:52:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register Website Webcam Facebook  
collapse
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 ... 342   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hornby Nest Discussion 2010 - 2011  (Read 686261 times)
birdvoyer
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

United States United States

« Post / Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 06:52:44 PM »

Barbarella, that box in the corner that says WildEarth.tv, is our picture in a picture option. It allows us to display two different views at one time. It is not determined by which site we see it through. Doug and Raptorman control the view that is on the cam there and it is sort of the "standard" view if you will.

"No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
AJL
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 10:09:37 PM »

Thank you for the screen caps typos!  I missed seeing the lovely flicker.  love

Shortly after 6 P.M. we heard trills from a single eagle.  boonibarb and mishi happened to be in the area and they heard them too (but couldn't locate the eagle).  booni and I thought it sounded like a male.

There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before.  ~Robert Lynd, The Blue Lion and Other Essays
Donnae
HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 10:40:52 PM »

Thanks for the screencaps typos... neat seeing the little guys there... nice flicker, never seen one before. Sorry I missed the trills today but glad to have heard that there were some... could be?? Great too that Wren did see an eagle although not one of ours. Won't be long now  big grin
barberella

« Post / Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 07:24:08 AM »

Birdvoyer, thank you for the explanation!  I have very poor eyesight, so I didn't realize that's what it was.

Another question - will normal full-screen be restored, or just the regular sized screen against the full-screen black background?

I can't believe it's already Oct. 3rd!  I know, Ma and Pa might not make an appearance at the nest for several days.  It's just the anticipation!  heart

NancyM
HEGPS
Administrator

« Post / Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 07:37:22 AM »

Sunday - Oct 3 - 7:24 AM

Loud trill heard, close to nest.  Sounded like Dad (high and sweet).  Perhaps he was in the nearby Babysitting Tree.
Sunny

« Post / Reply #20 on: October 03, 2010, 09:42:33 AM »

Hi
I was just at the chat page and someone posted they had seen Dad and were looking for Mom...Pictures were suposedly taken of Dad, but Mom watchinggoing on.
Sunny smile
AJL
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #21 on: October 03, 2010, 09:46:15 AM »

Just before seven this morning Mishi was out for a walk.  She looked up at the Peters' tree and there he was. Welcome home dad!  heart  (Mishi took photos).

There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before.  ~Robert Lynd, The Blue Lion and Other Essays
Tigerlady105
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #22 on: October 03, 2010, 10:14:29 AM »

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! thumbup

Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir
BARBS

« Post / Reply #23 on: October 03, 2010, 10:32:08 AM »

I am new to this site and can't wait to see the return of Mon & Dad.  We have seen eagles near our home in Central NY on the Tioughnioga River.  I am hoping to see the birth of new babies for the Hornby eagles.
Sunny

« Post / Reply #24 on: October 03, 2010, 10:34:23 AM »

Welcome Barb Enjyoy this world...It has been great for me to learn from many
great people.
Sunny
emc
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #25 on: October 03, 2010, 10:35:56 AM »

Welcome BARBS, yes the new season is full of anticipation. Hope your local eagles do well and that you have many sightings there too.

beth
from California
BBE
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #26 on: October 03, 2010, 12:17:09 PM »

Welcome BARBS and enjoy the Hornby Eagles.

Mishi, how wonderful that you saw Dad Hornby and were able to get photos.  I hope you are enjoying your visit to Hornby?

Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013
Montana46

« Post / Reply #27 on: October 03, 2010, 12:35:52 PM »

It's sooooooooooo exciting to know that Dad is back.  Now we get Mom back and that will make us all happy! Thanks for the pictures snapped of the nest too.
Mishi what a treat for you to see our Dad on your visit to Hornby!
I'd jump up and down but would probably break my other leg.  giggle
redacd1

« Post / Reply #28 on: October 04, 2010, 11:01:40 AM »

I just started watching eagle's nests this past year.  I learned so much but there's a lot that I don't know.  If both mom and dad left the nest area and are due back, wouldn't they have gone wherever they go together?  If so, wouldn't they both come back together at the same time?  I told you that there's a lot that I don't know!

carole
emc
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 11:24:44 AM »

redacd1: interesting enough Dad always leaves the nest area first and they arrive separately. If they are together during their absence is really not known. They do cement their relationship tho when back at the nest. Dad courts mom by bringing her gifts of food.

beth
from California
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 ... 342   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Theme Changer

Forum Default

Permanently