Author Topic: MAY 2014 Quilt Auction to benefit HEGPS ~~ "Eagles on the Shore"  (Read 31033 times)

Online NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
    • My Flickr picture albums
Re: MAY 2014 Quilt Auction to benefit HEGPS ~~ "Eagles on the Shore"
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2014, 07:01:12 PM »
Congratulations (and thank you) to Paintnut for her winning bid of $1501.   Please be sure to show us a picture of where this beautiful quilt finally settles after it's interesting journey over the past week.

HEGPS is very grateful to Fol-di-rol for creating and donating this gorgeous quilt.

Offline typoscount2

• HEGPS
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2014, 07:07:42 PM »
congrats Paint, 
any thanks again foldi  ,   
and  thankyou all who bid, and shared on facebook, to those  played the quilt trip with each other here
the  experience could not have been as fun without all those who posted  and read this topic during the auction

:ty :yeah

I have been typoscount2  & nsbirder then Non4now, but no more,
onward to       ImpInNS
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hornby-Eagle-Group-Projects-Society/292341380792123

Offline fol-di-rol

« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2014, 07:22:49 PM »
Many, many thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement - not to mention all the art work and entertainment with the quilt travels here, there and everywhere. 

Needless to say, I am thrilled that the quilt is going to Paint - one of our own, who donates so much time and expertise to all of us.  The "Eagles on the Shore" will be very happy in their new territory.

Also I need to acknowledge Nancy's contribution of many of the bird print fabrics which were part of the inspiration for this quilt.   Thanks Nancy, this is the first time I ever heard a quilter say she had too much fabric and was glad to part with some of it! :mhihi  There is probably still enough for a couple more quilts (but not quite yet).

fol-di-rol

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2014, 09:35:59 PM »
Paint, many thanks. You hung in there until the last moment. I kook forward to seeing the quilt in its permanent home.

To all the bidders many thanks for your support. Foldi, what can I say? I know the  hours you put into this quilt. Nancy thanks for your fabric.

Well done all.  :hug
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline boodle317

• HEGPS
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2014, 04:54:23 AM »
Congrats to Paintnut on her winning bid!  What a treasure to have!  This was very exciting for everyone  :ecsmile

Thank you again Foldi for your generous contributions both with this quilt and all your prior efforts too!  (Nancy too, for her birdie material)

That quilt has been EVERYWHERE!  Foldi sure better put a tracking number on it when it ships...because we just never know!   :eclol  After all.....Mel lives somewhere between Foldi and Paints house!  Pirates everywhere!  :ecwink

Offline gzebear

« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2014, 05:49:26 AM »

What fun! These posts have been amazingly creative (how DO you do that??), confoundingly confusing (where IS that thing??), and utterly hilarious (are you serious??). Thanks all who shared their talents and congratulations to Paint. So happy you will have Foldi's quilt! :nod2

Offline Cawatcher

• HEGPS
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2014, 07:22:51 AM »
What a bunch of wonderful crazy artists. Foldi thank you so much for your beautiful work and Paint for your donation  :heart :heart

Offline amazedbyeagles

« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2014, 08:52:58 AM »
How wonderful that Foldi's beautiful quilt is going to one whose dedication to this nest is boundless: Paint!  Congratulations, Paint, and Thank You for all you do!  Thank you to Foldi for your dedication, also, and the gorgeous donation!  (((((Foldi)))))) (((((((Paint))))))   :eclove

Offline Donnae

• HEGPS
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2014, 09:11:18 AM »
Congratulations Paint what a treasure to own. Thank you to Foldi for creating that beautiful quilt and for her generous donation, it is very much appreciated along with your continuous support. Nancy thank you also for supplying some of the beautiful fabric for the quilt.

All you gals with the amazing creative posts, that made this so much fun.... thank you, it was certainly a blast!!!

Offline Gasp62

« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2014, 01:59:48 PM »
Congrats to Paint!!  What a treasure to have Foldi's hands working on that treasure of a piece!  .....and to have Nancy's material input as well........hats off to Foldi for such a contribution to donate her work and time!!   The forum photoshop was a hoot  :thumbup:   

Online NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
    • My Flickr picture albums
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2014, 04:01:45 PM »
I have a LOT MORE fabric!

(I used to make quilts, until I discovered Hornby.  I still have dreams...  but will give Foldi more fabric if she wants it!)

Offline gmadeb3

• HEGPS
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2014, 06:13:28 PM »
What a wonderful gift you have foldi and paint thanks for sticking close to that button-Congrats on your prize.  May you enjoy many snuggly nights with that beautiful quilt. 
A smile is the universal welcome- Max Eastman

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2014, 07:18:47 PM »
Congratulations, PAINT!  Enjoy your new treasure!  Thank you for making such a generous donation!  :eclove

Thank you, FOLDI, for such a lovingly-made quilt.  Many hours and effort became a special gift from you!   :heart

Thanks, NANCY, for donating your bird fabric that added to this one-of-a-kind quilt!   :nod2

Thank you to TYPOS/NON for your hard work and to all of the other imaginative contributors to the Quilt's Travel Saga.   :thumbup:

Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline jeavverhey

« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2014, 04:41:03 PM »
Rarely have I been so entertained and delighted by the creativity and generosity of heart from so many - Paint who won, Foldi who created, Nancy who donated, travel artists who created the tour, and all the generous souls who bid as high as they were able.  No wonder my heart is in this nest and these nesters.

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2014, 09:54:06 AM »
What jeavverhey said!  My thoughts too!

and my thank you to all the bidders, to foldi for her generosity and all who helped make this auction such a success!  :heart

And for Paintnut..... :woohoo2   I am so happy for you.  :eclove
Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)