HEGPS - Our Nature Zone
April 20, 2018, 09:42:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register Website Webcam Facebook  
collapse
Pages:  [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions About the Cam View  (Read 14157 times)
madrona
HEGPS

Canada Canada

« on: November 10, 2009, 10:47:16 AM »

WE is working on the cam view.  Today I noticed that the aspect ratio was 'normal' and that the picture wasn't stretched like it was yesterday.

People have said that the ads are intrusive, so I think we must all see different things.   confused

I have WE and zaplive open and notice that the ads in WE do not interfere with the cam view at all:

With zaplive the ads do cover a portion of the bottom of the cam view - about the same width as the feather border:

Hope this is a useful comparison.  Maybe we could compare views???

Edited to Add that I am using FireFox with ads disabled for the page.

Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to
      rather than what we are separate from. - Terry Tempest Williams
emc
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 10:49:59 AM »

Tell us all that you are using. What server, cam view looks normal, not enlarged, but any info that might help the rest of us please.  Thanks

beth
from California
luvthebirds
HEGPS

United States United States

« Post / Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 09:17:25 PM »

Madrona, your first example, with the ads below, looks like the cam view when using zoom feature (firefox/safari).  Were you watching with an enlarged view?

Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)
madrona
HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 10:16:02 PM »

Madrona, your first example, with the ads below, looks like the cam view when using zoom feature (firefox/safari).  Were you watching with an enlarged view?

NO - neither were enlarged.  That's what I get in the normal view screen.

birdvoyer
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 10:46:49 PM »

At this time, you cannot enlarge the view. WE is working on that. We are suppose to be using WE to access the live cam as that is how we can generate some revenue. We don't by using zaplive tv. Additionally, ad blockers will block revenue too. But, if you wish to view that way, that is your choice. Until we have some idea of how much we actually earn from ad revenue, I wouldn't be very concerned. Right now, it is about enjoying the fruits of our labor.

"No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
madrona
HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 11:14:19 AM »

I misunderstood this at first, and thought you meant full screen view, which it obviously was not.

You are correct, luv - I checked both views this morning and realize that in changing the view (in Firefox) I zoomed in just enough to get the ads off the screen and into the area below - without even realizing that's what had caused it.  I was just trying to accommodate my view with the cam and chat showing up on my monitor!

So - Firefox users - you can get the ads off the cam view by going to View and then 'Zoom in' a couple of clicks!   wink

emc
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 11:18:40 AM »

This is a great way to view the cam. The ads are  still there, but just below the cam view. Smiley)

beth
from California
typoscount2
HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 12:19:20 PM »

in IE, at 125% , the zoom makes that whole page a bit bigger(not the nest view tho) as well, it takes up a bit more room on the moniter, even with sides drawn in and up, but the chat also has a larger text area to read convo and participant list( not any larger in font size tho) , and the adds are then below the nest view as well

I have been typoscount2  & nsbirder then Non4now, but no more,
onward to       ImpInNS
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hornby-Eagle-Group-Projects-Society/292341380792123
passerine
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 10:24:29 AM »

Would someone please give me the address their using to view the cam. The chat isn't working for me & sometimes getting daily link helps. puzzled or not but it has in the past.
madrona
HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 10:33:23 AM »

I'm viewing cam and chat here, passerine.  http://www.wildearth.tv/web/dch-hornby-01  Hurry - eagle just landed while I was posting this!

passerine
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 10:46:18 AM »

Thanks Mad. it didn't work this time, but i can see the nest, missed the eagle. My computer wasn't working right, so i got it fixed yesterday, so whatever was done to it may have blocked my access to chat again. Had this problem last year too but thought that was history as it's been working till today, with the odd tweak. sad
birdvoyer
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 06:07:55 PM »

Don't want to make an assumption here but are you signed in to the chat? I had trouble one time and could not figure out why. I had originally checked "remember me" so when I cleared out some stuff one day and couldn't get to the chat, I never thought about having to sign back in. Duh!  blush

"No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
passerine
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 06:58:18 PM »

Yea, in fact i tried refreshing signing back out & in, these have worked a couple times before. Maybe it has something to do with active x, adobe  puzzled
Tigerlady105
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 01:06:42 AM »

If youíre having trouble viewing the Hornby Eagle Nest cam or the WildEarth Djuma sites, try these links:

1) From Karen_in_va, a WildEarth Admin:

http://wildearth.ning.com/forum/topics/problems-viewing-the-wildearth?page=7&commentId=2094372%3AComment%3A272391&x=1#2094372Comment272391

- - - - - -
2) From Firefox Help pages:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Websites+say+cookies+are+blocked?s=cookies

I had trouble getting the into Hornby Eagle Cam chat room suddenly today.  The video stream and sound from the nest were fine, but there wasn't the usual place to "sign-in or register" below the posts in the chat room.

I searched around and found the two places that provided the help that I needed and the problem(s) was resolved.   clap

Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir
Wedgetail

Australia Australia

« Post / Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 05:43:18 PM »

First up, Thanks a huge amount to Doug, Mary Jane, Raptorman and all the others who have put in so much effort so all of us around the world can enjoy and be fascinated by these wonderful birds. As our name (Wedgetail) suggests, we're in Australia and have serveral Wedgetailed eagle nests on our property. We've never been able to observe active nesting, but we've seen evidence that the nests have been used. Unlike Bald Eagles, the "wedgies" don't use the same nest every year. They rotate through a number of nests within their territory. Anyway, the purpose of this (our first) post is to ask the question stated in the subject line. Given weather, spiders, and other factors, how do you manage to keep the webcam so clear and unobstructed?
Pages:  [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Theme Changer

Forum Default

Permanently