HEGPS - Our Nature Zone
September 19, 2017, 01:50:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register Website Webcam Facebook  
collapse
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2010 Nesting Season Highlights  (Read 30102 times)
Tigerlady105
HEGPS

United States United States

« Post / Reply #60 on: July 23, 2010, 02:26:08 AM »

Tragically, one of the 2010 Nesting Season Highlights for me was Dan Hamilton.  Does the HEG have any follow-up information about him and how he has been recuperating since his brilliant recovery?  I've been to the MARS website and can find no biographical information, though I do realize it is a very busy time and wouldn't expect speedy updates.  Maybe this has been covered somewhere else.  I will never forget Phoenix and I hope for a grand future for brave, beautiful Dan.

Dan is a very brave man and we were so fortunate that he agreed to climb the trees to get Phoenix and bring her down in a timely manner, which was very important in order to make sure the tests were done right away.  

Dan is not employed by MARS.  He lives on Hornby Island with his new wife and works with a partner in their business which involves climbing trees. Boonibarb apparently met his wife when they both stood on the ground as Dan climbed up and up and up to the nest which is 120 ft. above the ground in a tree that is not stable at the top.

Many people agree with you that Dan deserves our thanks and the best life has to offer in the future.   love

Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir
boonibarb
HEGPS
Forum Guide

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #61 on: July 23, 2010, 06:36:47 AM »

One of our members, Trixie in Ontario, approached me about lightening my foto of Dan, so that his face is more visible.
i eagerly accepted!
Thank you Trixie!!  love
Here is the lightened version, with his anguished face more evident.  heart
Click on the foto, & click again to see him up close.
Brave man!
Thank you so much Dan!!!

Dan Hamilton

wooohoooo!
Maria dB

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Post / Reply #62 on: July 23, 2010, 06:52:04 AM »

Super close up Barb.  nod
nuthatch

« Post / Reply #63 on: July 23, 2010, 08:21:01 AM »

First of all I am thankful for the updates.  Secondly, I want to apologize for posting incorrectly. I am so new at this that I kept posting to "ground observations."  I finally figured it out. I hope I am in the right place now. 

Nuthatch (Susie)
Trixie in Ontario

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #64 on: July 23, 2010, 10:09:51 AM »

Tigerlady, thank you for the clarification and information.  Yet another reason to visit Hornby Island.  I am glad to know he's among all the love there.

Thank you boonibarb for posting the lightened picture of "Our Knight" for everyone.  His face is priceless!

Guest.
nancyculwell@att.com

« Post / Reply #65 on: July 23, 2010, 11:41:19 AM »

First of all I am thankful for the updates.  Secondly, I want to apologize for posting incorrectly. I am so new at this that I kept posting to "ground observations."  I finally figured it out. I hope I am in the right place now. 

Nuthatch (Susie)
Blue
HEG

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #66 on: July 23, 2010, 03:24:53 PM »

nuthatch (love your name  heart)

Please do not worry about where you posted.  We know that it is not always apparent what the threads are for.  That is usually stated in the very first post of the thread, Page 1.

Nice to have you join the forum.

Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.
BBE
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #67 on: July 23, 2010, 03:58:01 PM »

Has the eaglet left the nest already?  I was trying to maybe catch it testing its wings in the nest before leaving.  It's been about 2 weeks since I've last viewed the site.  Thanks!

fk2618, there is no easy way to say this, but our dear Phoenix died suddenly on July 14th; about a week or so before she would have fledged. She (that has been confirmed) had appeared alright about two days before, then the next day she wouldn't eat and was sneezing. it was sensed that she was in trouble and a rescue plan was put into effect. Sadly she died before the plan could be acted on. For more details please check AJL's post What Happened To Phoenix

There are two threads here for sharing memories etc. Memories of Phoenix  and Sharing Memories of Phoenix

Doug has seen Mum and Dad around since then. Phoenix is greatly missed by all of us here.

Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013
jmom

« Post / Reply #68 on: July 25, 2010, 09:10:29 PM »

Just when I didn't think I could possibly cry anymore I saw the link to the "Gone too soon" video.  Of course I had to go there, it was so beautiful and I am still crying like a baby.  It is really quite amazing that with all the stresses of everyday life and how rushed we all are to get through the day, this tiny little perfect eaglet could give us so much peace and contentment by just being born.  I just can't imagine after all the pain everyone is feeling over Phoenix's pasing, how uplifted we are all going to be when we see new life again in the nest.  I can't wait for the next hatchling to arrive, it is going to be a long winter while we wait.
debinhome

« Post / Reply #69 on: July 27, 2010, 07:24:02 AM »

Thank you for sharing...very educational and enjoyable.
emc
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #70 on: July 27, 2010, 08:24:29 AM »

Your welcome.  If Mom and Dad Hornby are true to their routine, we'll see them back on the nest around Oct 2 for renovations starting. Then they visit on and off fixing up the nest.

beth
from California
emc
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #71 on: July 31, 2010, 11:59:48 PM »

All the links to the videos are now fixed. Sorry about that.  blush   Hope  you enjoy .   smile

beth
from California
beans
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #72 on: August 02, 2010, 11:42:46 PM »

This is a wonderful thread!  One can go back and quickly review everything.  Thanks for all of your excellent work!

Jean, California
Rajame
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #73 on: August 03, 2010, 08:47:11 AM »

Thank you Beans. Thank you so much. I like the version on the website too. A little more photo placement and story.  heart

Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.
Cawatcher
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #74 on: September 11, 2010, 11:55:01 PM »

Beans and Raj what  a wonderful labor of Love!  love
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Theme Changer

Forum Default

Permanently