Author Topic: Memories of Phoenix  (Read 140752 times)

Offline Eva in USA

Re: Memories of Phoenix
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2010, 09:22:04 AM »
I still cry when even mentioning Phoenix's name. I just heard a song that reminds me of Her Life, and started crying all over again, but I have No Idea how to post links here.

It's by The Doobie Brothers, and it's called..."I cheat the hangman." (I hadn't heard it in years, and it just reminded me of Her.)

Anyone can take a listen on you tube, I'm sure, or maybe someone can actually post the link for Me?

God Bless~

Eva in USA. :)

Offline Biff

« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2010, 10:23:59 AM »
I can't think of anything sadder than looking at the empty nest, yet I keep coming back to it. I don't know what draws me, but I miss watching Phoenix. I believe everything happens for a reason,even though we don't necessarily understand them.

Thankyou Doug for the site, to eveyone out there who got pleasure from Phoenix, good bye for now.

Biff

Offline parker

« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2010, 10:39:56 AM »
I'm sure glad to see that some people are still struggling with this.  I, too, have the webcam up today...looking at the empty nest.  I keep hoping that I was having a nightmare! Waiting eagerly for further test results.  Hoping this may give me some peace.

Offline boonibarb

• HEGPS
  • Forum Guide
    • my flickr photos
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2010, 06:45:11 AM »

i go by the nest every day on my bike ride with Dooki.
It is hard not to stop at my usual spots & look for Phoenix in the nest, to see what she is up to.

:eccry
wooohoooo!

Offline lookylo

« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2010, 08:26:46 AM »
oh Booni,  :heart
Just say yes!

Offline barberella

« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2010, 10:15:37 PM »
My eyes fill with tears everytime I think of how sad she looked that last day, lethargic, with no interest in the food mom and dad brought to the nest, and then when I noticed her beak opening and closing later in the day, I was so afraid she had something stuck in her throat.  But it was something even worse.  :ecsad

Offline Donnae

• HEGPS
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2010, 11:13:58 PM »
((((Booni)))) I know how hard it is to look at that empty nest for us and can only imagine how difficult it is for you!!!! Thanks to you though we have sooooo many wonderful memories of our beloved Phoenix and I thank you for that!!!!

Offline gzebear

« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2010, 06:41:37 AM »
Two weeks and I am still sorting this out. I still miss Phoe - she had become so much a part of my life - and I'm still trying to find her, to find the place where she is alive and well and flying high, the part of me that is Phoe, somewhere in my heart of heart. Truly I will never forget her. Fly high, Phoenix, Beautiful Bird of my Heart.

Offline anitav

« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2010, 06:45:56 AM »
Little Phoenix,
I miss watching you every day, with your mom and dad.  Although you are no longer in your nest, I know you are being taken care of by angels.  I will always love you.

Offline NJudy

« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2010, 06:55:38 AM »
I was so sad to learn of the death of Phoenix...I was away for a few days.  When I returned I saw Phoenix in her nest breathing heavy.  I just thought she was hot.  Never expected to find out that she passed.  She was a delight, I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to watch her grow.  I would have loved to see her soar light the great eagle she was.   I think she is soaring now though, we just can't see her.

I really miss that girl........

Offline dalarie

« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2010, 02:18:46 PM »
Hello every Phoenix lover out there!  It took me a while but I have completed a small watercolour of Phoenix based on pictures from the site. My goal is to sell it to raise funds for MARS. You can view it on eBay under "Memories of Phoenix" (I know, not too original but didn't know how else to list it!) Not being too computer savvy, it took a long time to successfully post it there. Enjoy!
Diane

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2010, 02:35:42 PM »
Hi dalarie

I can't find your watercolour on eBay.  If the proceeds are to go to MARS, could you post a link to help us find it, please?
Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline McMolly

• Molly's Tails From Ground Level
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2010, 02:39:40 PM »

i go by the nest every day on my bike ride with Dooki.
It is hard not to stop at my usual spots & look for Phoenix in the nest, to see what she is up to.

:eccry

As heartbreaking as losing Phoenix was for us, I can't begin to imagine how hard it is for those of you living there, going by every day, being so close.  I'm just so sad for you.   
Heather

Offline dalarie

« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2010, 02:44:05 PM »
The item # is 130415921014. It should be under "art". I'll try to print the link.

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2010, 03:54:45 PM »
Thanks dalarie.  I will see about starting a thread for this auction.  In the meantime, I will put the eBay link here.

Such a cute eagle!

eBay_Phoenix Watercolour
Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.