Author Topic: Memories of Phoenix  (Read 127884 times)

Offline grammieof7

Re: Memories of Phoenix
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2011, 06:49:09 AM »
Stokes, that is beautiful, thanks for sharing it.

Offline Cawatcher

• HEGPS
« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2011, 09:18:59 AM »
Phoenix Rmembered By Nightengale and Boonibarb  :heart

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO0B2dykfiU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO0B2dykfiU</a>

Offline passerine

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2011, 09:59:40 AM »
Thank-you Lucia, nice. All nice tributes, gonna watch Cali video now. :heart

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2011, 12:53:48 PM »
Wonderful selections, beautifully done!

Thank you, Cali.  :eclove
Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline ccfan

« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2011, 02:46:01 PM »
(((STOKES, LUCIA, BOONI, NIGHTENGALE  & CALI)))) T
Thank you!
There is grace afoot in this world and it will find you.

Offline gzebear

« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2011, 04:44:24 PM »
My avatar has been the nebula known as NGC 1999, south of the Orion nebula. The dark T-shape near the center is thought to be a hole blown through the nebula by energetic young stars. I chose it as my avatar because it reminded me of Phoenix.

I missed the many remembrances of Phoenix yesterday because I was working an 11-hour day in a wild bird rehab center. It felt like a fitting tribute to an eaglet (and her parents) who had taught me so much about birds, life, myself, people, and had led me to this work that I love. Later, I spent the night at our quiet camp by a pond - no internet there either, but I shared the silence with you all at 7:19 nest-time and played Billy Joel’s lullaby, “Goodnight, My Angel”, for my beloved Phoe.

…. like a boat out on the ocean, I’m rocking you to sleep
The water’s dark, and deep inside this ancient heart
You’ll always be a part of me ….

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap110224.html

Offline Cawatcher

• HEGPS
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2011, 06:29:42 PM »
Shortened version of Phoenix Gone to Soon ~~
 <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbV16aGW3yY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbV16aGW3yY</a>

Offline dizzymom70

« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2012, 09:32:46 AM »
Two years ago today that we lost our dear little Phoenix, and two years ago today that our AJL boosted us to a new level of action to care for and protect wildlife.

Thank you Phoenix for the inspiration, and thank you AJL for your guidance and the kick in the pants. The world is now a better place, and getting better all of the time.

RIP Phoenix, you are with us always.

Offline Donnae

• HEGPS
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2012, 10:18:11 AM »
What wonderful tributes to Phoenix... I thank you all for the poems, words, videos of a very special eaglet who touched our hearts. It was hard losing Phoenix but it brought us all a new awareness and out of that HEART was formed and has given our eaglets, birds and wildlife of Hornby a second chance.thank you Booni and Wren for going that extra mile to try to make them all safe... Phoenix we thank you for that, even though losing you was so sad, thank you for giving us a new vision... we will never forget you.

Ajl and Maj.... thank you for all the things you did behind the scenes to try to save Phoenix, we know now that it was impossible but you tried so hard. Ajl thank you for guiding us through a terrible time and helping us to understand what happened and why... I will always be grateful for your kindness, your caring, and seeing us through this, even though you too were greatly affected by Phoenix's death.. you put aside your sorrow and helped us through this.

Phoenix... you did not die in vain... you left us a legency .... you taught us to take action and to try to better your world and to make it safer... we hope this continues... thank you for being here even though it was a short time... your time here was for a reason.

Mom and Dad... thank you for Phoenix... I know this was so hard on you in a eagle way... you grieved... but since Phoenix, you gave us beautiful Alexandra and David.. and now Hali... over the years you have given the world may beautiful eaglets.. thank you... you are both such special parents and have taught us so much and I thank you for letting me enter your world.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:59:49 AM by NancyM »

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
    • My Flickr picture albums
« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2012, 12:09:56 PM »
In 2006, I cried my eyes out over two eggs that did not hatch ~ that seems so naive now, but I was new to the world of birds.

In 2009, I was horrified by Echo's death ~ but rejoiced in Hope, the strongest eaglet I had ever seen.

In 2010, I was enthralled by each moment of Phoenix's life ~ and completely undone by her death.

Phoenix really did leave a Legacy, though - the renewal of MARS, the awakening in many of us of the extent to which wildlife needs our help, and, thanks to AJL, the ability to look at one individual bird and really see....

If you did not read the poem that Stokes wrote last year, please be sure to read it now, it is very special.   Stokes' Poem for Phoenix

Offline mishikeenhquay

• HEGPS
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2012, 12:53:14 PM »

The pain of losing Phoenix is only outweighed by the sheer joy of knowing her.

Gitchi Miigwetch....for teaching me to see, listen, and believe.

"Our true enemies, as well as our true sources of strength, lie within."

Offline Faerie Gardener

« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2012, 02:13:21 PM »
I spent the day yesterday in the garden with the birds and the plants and my family, thinking of Phoenix and how she has brought a new dimension into my life. Thank you Phoenix.  Thanks to all who posted.
                    :heart  Love this nest   :heart

(But still, the tears)       
"In all things of Nature there is something of the Marvelous"  -Aristotle

"A garden is never as good as it will be next year" -Anon

Offline ccfan

« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2012, 07:23:33 PM »
I totally agree with all that was said above about our blessed Phoenix...like Nancy said I totally cried my eyes out,  I couldn't talk about her without tears for a long time....I had been a lurker until then and was welcomed into chat with the equivalent of a HUGE hug.  AJL was amazing. Maj was amazing. Booni, Wren, Dan, Norm and all who care so much have made a tremendous difference in a great many lives "human,fin,fur and feather".
Decker, Brigabooni & Brigadan raised our spirits also...who knew an eagle could swim?
Phoenix, you will live on in our HEARTs forever.
There is grace afoot in this world and it will find you.

Offline luvthebirds

• HEGPS
« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2012, 08:24:35 PM »
Phoenix, we miss you still.  You will be in our hearts forever.   :heart
Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2012, 08:57:57 PM »
Nancy, thank you for your post, well said. Also thanks for the link to Stokes poem, as I have misplaced it.  :flower

So many events (good and not so good) and people over the years of watching Mum and Dad have taught everyone here and around the world so much about eagles    :nod2   :eclove
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013