Author Topic: Memories of Phoenix  (Read 130079 times)

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
Memories of Phoenix
« on: July 16, 2010, 05:47:52 PM »
This is a place to celebrate the life of our beloved eaglet.   :eclove

Happy Birthday, little one - April 29
Jean, California

Offline bons

Re: Memories of Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 06:13:48 PM »
 :heart  You Had Me From Hello  :heart

Offline Mountain-gal

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 06:58:58 PM »
My favorite memory of Phoenix was the way he coddled & used his egg Dudley for many varied purposes. A pillow, a wing rest, as he even tried to nest on it!

I'll never forget the look on his face! When Dad flew in and punctured his egg! :gaah He was terribly vocal & upset with his loss of egg! And then to think Mom ate it!....he was perplexed! :eceek

That to me was a stepping stone in his growth towards maturity.
With many others, daily I cheered the little guy on. Did he get enough to eat? Will he fall out of the nest? When he wingersized...with his massive wing span! I thought he would lift off easily as he gripped the branches in the nest!

He was so strong...Our Baby Phoenix..as he flew to Heaven in Peace. He did lift his head at the end...looking at all the beauty surrounding him...or was he looking for Ma & Pa close by...
it was bittersweet to watch the end in real time, while wanting to reach out & hold him...God is holding him now & he will always live in our hearts. :heart   Peace to all...Pamela

Offline Jo

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 07:10:39 PM »
I came on the scene rather late, which I really regret now, but this is one of the first pictures I saw of Phoenix.  Oh my, such an adorable, beautiful, charming funny bird!   :biggrin3   I thought his feet were hillarious.  So much personality.  You had me at hello ... so so true :heart

I was planning on going through all the observations and hotspots after Phoenix fledged, because I knew I would miss him/her so much.  I still plan on doing that, but it's going to be different now and I just don't feel ready yet :(

Offline Love4eagles

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 07:10:58 PM »
Phoenix, only here for a short time but inspired and touched so many people's hearts.  I know we will all miss Phoenix so much.  Such a tragedy.

You will never be forgotten!  I know you now have your wings spread and enjoying/soaring Heaven.

Cheryl

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 07:20:40 PM »
Jo, that is a terrific picture!  Oh, that look--

Ready, Aim, Fire! - May 26, 2010

Glad he missed the cam

video here
Jean, California

Offline artist

• Brigid's Broom Closet
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 07:45:47 PM »
I had a doctor's appointment the day our Phoenix was born. I was so worried I would miss her birth. I told my doctor all about it and he wanted the website address also. I came straight home from the appointment and glued myself to the computer to make sure I didn't miss a thing.

That cute little thing pecked and wriggled her way out of the shell. On days that I missed seeing her on the cam, it always seemed she had grown so much in one day.

I will never forget her birth, her snatching for food, or the sad last breaths I saw her take.

She turned me into an Eagle junkie. I will miss her forever. I still turn on the cam and hope it is all just a bad dream.

Angel of my heart
you fly away with it,
you made the world a better place
while you were in it.

Teaching me more than you
will ever know,
in your debt I stay.

Angel of my heart
with you I fly away.
Someday we will be together
to you I will say, Phoenix,
Angel of my heart.

To some I'm a dream to others, a nightmare.

Offline Jo

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 07:46:59 PM »
Just found this picture, it's a classic isn't it?  They were so gentle with their baby  :heart 

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 07:54:40 PM »
Jo, they are such good parents!

Hi Mom - April 30
Jean, California

Offline mkd

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
One of my favourite memories of Phoenix was when she was being fed by Dad.  Phoe had to poop, turned around and pooped on Dad!  Dad kept feeding Phoe like nothing had happened.  It was so funny!  Thank you Phoe for all the joy you brought into peoples lives and hearts.  Soar high with the angels. 

Offline amcderm904

• Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 09:19:53 PM »
One of my favorite memories was the little chuckle Phoenix would do right after he did a Poopshot.  It was very endearing.  He will live in the world's memories and in these great videos, pictures and thoughts and words everyone is expressing. 

I'm so glad I started watching him a few days after he was born - he's been a major part of my day since.  I still have to log in and see the nest and read the chats, and check out the hotspots just like he was there.  Although now it is to find our how everyone is doing.  Have Mom and Dad been spotted?  It was so nice to see the video this evening of Mom and Dad in the tree together.  Thank you Doug for capturing that for us. 

A devoted Hornby Eagle Fan - I'll be watching when Mom and Dad come back in October!

:grouphug2

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 10:20:15 PM »
May 2, 2010 Phoenix was 3 days old

:blush  Dad had left after Mum flew in. Mum accidentally dropped a small branch (twig) on Phoenix and the egg.  No injuries sustained by eaglet or the egg. But we all had our heart in our throat.  Look at Phoenix's very full crop  :eclove

And another day older on May 3 and Phoenix has already learned how to support himself by leaning on the other egg. The non viable egg became known as 'Dudley'. Also see how Phoenix's wings are growing. Both parents had flown off a few seconds before I took this, and one returned right after.

Doug Carrick 2010
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 01:26:42 AM »
Last evening I was having trouble cutting an apple.  For whatever reason I thought of how Phoenix would only wait so long to be fed a piece of the 'daily special'.  He would suddenly stretch and snatch a piece right out of Mum or Dad's beak. You could almost hear him saying 'That's one for me'.  :biggrin6
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline rheawalters

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 07:31:43 AM »
I'm so glad I started watching him a few days after he was born - he's been a major part of my day since.  I still have to log in and see the nest and read the chats, and check out the hotspots just like he was there.  Although now it is to find our how everyone is doing. 
~~~
A devoted Hornby Eagle Fan - I'll be watching when Mom and Dad come back in October!

I could have written these same words. Someone opened a door to a new experience for me that I will always embrace and hope to continue for years to come. Looking forward to next season with renewed hope.

:grouphug2

Offline STEVENS729

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 08:55:41 AM »
I was watching Thursday night & knew something was not right--our precious little baby Phoenix is gone but will never be forgotten.
Thanks for the memories