HEGPS - Our Nature Zone
July 20, 2018, 01:34:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register Website Webcam Facebook  
collapse
Pages:  1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sharing Memories of Phoenix  (Read 19655 times)
bruner

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 05:20:17 AM »

Luvthebirds:

Your comments, "Phoenix and Dudley Are now soaring with Echo Their spirits live on"   angel

Just a few words but they mean so much.  Thank you!

"bruner"
only_an_egg

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 12:11:50 AM »

I listened to one of my favorite songs today, i hadn't heard it in sometime, it blew me away how the lyrics reflected.
 New Horizions: The Moody Blues

Well I've had dreams enough for one
And I've got love enough for three
I have my hopes to comfort me
I got my new horizons out to sea

But I'm never going to lose your precious gift
It will always be that way
Cos I know I'm going to find my own peace of mind
Someday...

Where is this place that we have found
Nobody knows where we are bound
I long to hear, I need to see
Cos I've shed tears too many for me

Someday...

On the wind soaring free
Spread your wings
I'm beginning to see
Out of mind far from view
Beyond the reach of a nightmare come true

Well I've had dreams enough for one
And I got love enough for three
I have my hopes to comfort me
I got my new horizons out to sea

Someday...
Someway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG3M5Sh3tW4

What Hope taught me: "To get anywhere in life you have to go out on a limb first"
Rajame
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

United States United States

« Post / Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 08:45:41 AM »

Thank you Eggy. Such a nice tribute. I know our hearts will mend.  heart

Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.
Donnae
HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 11:16:04 PM »

I came to the chat last year to see both Hope and Echo hatch and remember the joy we felt watching them grow. Then we lost Echo which was so devasting to us but we had the joy of watching our beloved Hope grow up and fledge and what a girl she is. Then she returned this year to Hornby, we were all so overjoyed.

We also had the opportunity to watch the cam off season this year and marveled at all the things we hadn't seen before-- the nestorations, the courtship, the Hanky Panky ( heard but not really seen) Dad testing the bowl. It was simply amazing. We were over- joyed by the eggs that were laid, and watched with great enthusiasm for the first pip. When Phoenix was hatched we were overwhelmed and so excited, after a few days, we realized that the other egg was not to be, so Dudley it was named. But really it wasn't a dud, as Dudley serviced a purpose for our Phoenix-- her cuddly blanket so to speak.

We loved to watch her growth, her feeding, her time alone sleeping, her wingexercizing, her staring at the world she hope to venture in and her time with Mom and Dad. We laugh, joked and shared so many interesting things, it was so joyous. We were so looking forward to her fledge but sadly it was not to be.

Phoenix you brought us so much joy and you were here for a purpose in your all too short life. We miss you terribly but you were so loved by people all over the world. I don't regret one moment of your time with us.

Doug and Sheila, thank you for sharing this cam with us and helping us to learn. I will be watching for October's return of Mom and Dad, the nestorations, and waiting for eggs next year. With learning comes a great appreciation of these wonderful birds. Phoenix you will always be in our hearts, time will heal and we will be able to look back on your far to short life and smile and even laugh, for now it is painful. I know you are soaring somewhere along side of Echo. Fly Phoenix fly and thank you for all you have given us.
luvthebirds
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 08:48:19 AM »

I still cannot quite get the words out for Phoenix and that will come soon.  But today, I wanted to remember how Phoenix inspired us to try out a new way of writing.  lol  It was fun to do in the chat.
So today I played with alliteration and this is for Phoenix.  Hope it may bring a smile or memory.....

I Remember

I remember when it was so much phun to talk like this; thanks to our special phemale Phoenix:

Phoenix phound it phabulously phun to pheast on phreshly phetched phish, phinely philleted by her phaithphul, phantastic parents!  And they always phorgave her when she phelt a tad phrenetic about it!

and:

Phoenix phelt her pheathers phinding their way through her phuzzy downy pheathers.  And they phelt phantastic.

and:

Phoenix was a phantastic, phine pheathered phriend to all of her phine phans!  And a pheminine phenom phor sure.

I will miss you dear Phoenix, but you live on in all our hearts.

Phoenix may not have phledged as we phantasized, but she phlies phorever phree in the pheelings of her phaithphul phans.

©2010
luvthebirds
July 22, 2010

Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)
Cawatcher
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 09:07:14 AM »

love  Luvthebirds, beautiful!!
NFBetsy

« Post / Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 01:37:25 PM »

Luvthebirds - what phun!  Phirst time I've really smiled in a week!  Thanks.
ravenwing4

« Post / Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 04:11:10 PM »

Thank you Luvthebirds for that memory.  It was fun.  There were chills running up and down my body as I could see Phoenix in my mind, and all the things she use to do.

We will never forget our Phoenix.

Ravenwing4
Rajame
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 05:11:34 PM »

Luv,

I watched in my minds eye as I read your phun memories of Phoenix. I am missing her so much. It helps to have beautiful memories and funny ones too.

Hugs,
Rajame  heart

Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.
Nancy P

« Post / Reply #24 on: July 23, 2010, 06:57:37 AM »

I am an Educational Assistant in a class of 10 children. One of your teachers gave us the link for the webcam and Phoenix was about a week old when we started watching her.

We watched faithfully every morning as part of our calender routine. The kids grew to love her very much and learned many facts about eagles. Many of them took the website home in their planners to watch over summer break.

It saddens me that Phoenix has passed and I thank you for the opportunities for our kids to share in the beauty of this bird and to have learned great things from her...
When we return in September I will pass along the sad news to the children and they will be sad...but we will patiently wait for next years adventure.

She will be sadly missed by all of us.....here's to you Phoenix, may you soar in peace!
Tigerlady105
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #25 on: July 23, 2010, 10:19:50 AM »

Luv, thanks for sharing your Phun words about our beloved Phoenix.  Her legacy will keep her soaring for a long tme. 

Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir
rheawalters

« Post / Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 02:06:43 PM »

Luv, you have such a way with words, and we did have a lot of phun with phonics. nod
I am looking phorward to your next installment.
Donder

« Post / Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 04:07:40 PM »

I send you my sincerest sympathies. I know how it feels to get so involved with a species and then lose one. I am a guardian for piping plovers (an endangered species) on Wasaga Beach in Ontario. Yesterday to our horror before our very eyes, a ring billed gull came in and ate one of our 2 day old chicks. I know what a place in our hearts these creatures occupy and the sadness of losing one. I keep telling myself that it is all part of the cycle of life. Sometimes that helps and other times, not so much.

We must all concentrate on the ones we have left. For us it is an especially tense difficult year as our plovers go down to the Gulf of Mexico to winter.

Keep up the good work and Gods bless you.
Thumper66

« Post / Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 09:17:40 PM »

I watched as Phoenix took her last breath.  My heart sank and the tears flowed nonstop.  There was nothing that could be done….everyone watched as Doug, Ajl, the HEG team and Maj from MARS moved heaven and earth to make the attempt, but it all happened so fast.  My heart-felt thanks to everyone who joined their hands, minds, and hearts to try to save our little girl.

I will remember the good times and funny moments that Phoenix afforded the thousands of people who tuned in every day and night to see her progress.  She started out as our cute little bundle of fluff, wobbling on those unsteady legs, with complete dependence on mom and dad Hornby.  Mr. & Mrs. Hornby are such wonderful, tender and compassionate parents.  We viewed something that most humans will never experience.  And I would like to thank Doug and Sheila Carrick for their gift to us - the window into the daily lives of the Hornby family.

Phoenix’s appearance changed daily, as did her personality.  As she became more physically independent, her attitude became just a smidgeon more demanding; but nothing that a little “thump” from mom couldn’t fix.  Overall, she was a gentle and sweet little eaglet.  Watching her cuddle up to mom, imitating dad with the “nestorations’, “wingersizing”, and seeing how proud she was accomplishing higher and higher airlifts while hopping around the nest was truly a comedy in progress.  She never failed to entertain.  

To all of you chat room supporters, you have freely demonstrated your sadness, love and compassion as we all mourn with Mom and Dad Hornby at the loss of our beloved Phoenix.  I will never forget the hours and hours of education and entertainment she provided me.  And, I pray that Phoenix’s life and death will serve to enrich the lives of all wildlife in the future.

I will love and miss you, dear Phoenix.  You’ve carved a place in my heart forever.  May you soar with the Eagles, my love.  
Tigerlady105
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #29 on: July 24, 2010, 12:34:27 AM »

Donder and Thumper, you voiced what many of us felt and still feel.  Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir
Pages:  1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Theme Changer

Forum Default

Permanently