Author Topic: Mountainaire Avian Rescue Society (Vancouver Island)  (Read 493763 times)

Offline Blue

• HEG
Re: Mountainaire Avian Rescue Society
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2010, 08:49:41 AM »
Thankyou, Lovethebabies.  So nice to have a visit to MARS with you and nice to see you and your lovely grandaughter.

Everything looks so clean at MARS and one has the feeling that the critters are in the best of care! 
Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline Donnae

• HEGPS
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2010, 09:57:04 AM »
Thanks Birdvoyer for posting those great photos!!! Aren't they beauties!!!!!!  So good to know they are doing well and are in such great hands --- and yes I feel the same --"our eagles"  :biggrin6  Wren, Booni and Doug and Sheila must be feeling pretty proud!!!!

Luvthebabies--- thank you too for sharing your experiences with us.  What a treat to be able to visit MARS and see all the great work that they do and to met Maj too. i bet your grandaughter really enjoyed it.  I love seeing you and your cute grandaughter with Maj and of course all the wonderful critters!!!!!

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
    • My Flickr picture albums
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2010, 03:09:48 PM »
On the MARS Facebook page, Maj posted that the seal pup has been transferred to  Island Wildlife Natural Care Centre on Saltspring Island  ~ Norm flew him there!

Link for IWNCC:  http://sealrescue.org/

What a wonderful network of rehabs groups, I am very impressed.

Offline Donnae

• HEGPS
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2010, 03:37:32 PM »
Wow , thank you Nancy for posting the link to IWBCC---- I just love looking at all the good work that is being down.  Wishing I could be doing that sort of thing, sure hope to when I retire!!!!!!! It just does the heart good to see these seals and other animals in such caring, capable hands with a chance for life they wouldn't have had if they had not been rescue.  The down side is--- I find it hard that the government would cut funding to these worthwhile places--  it's just not right!!!!! These animals, birds etc. would not have any chance if not for them.  Something wrong with that picture.

Offline Montana46

« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2010, 07:43:32 AM »
What an incredible story about that little seal. Hopefully we can see the release?

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2010, 11:38:28 AM »
Wildlife centers do awesome work!  Now the general public is learning about all they do.  Hopefully, this exposure will generate some contributions so they can continue to help wildlife.  :heart
Jean, California

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2010, 12:17:45 AM »
JoyofDogs & DancingLady Eagle Sighting & Touring MARS
August 8-10, 2010

JoyofDogs asked that I post these pictures for you. The pictures are of a few days visiting with DancingLady. There are also pictures of the feeding of Cedar Waxwing babies, pictures of Niner, Lady Brig and Rebecca. Thank you Joy for sharing with us!

Dancing Lady keeping a respectful distance from an eagle pair
Storries Beach
Aug 8, 2010

Feeding cedar waxwing babies.
They eat fruit & seeds.
Aug 8/10

Niner & Rebecca, Aug 8/10

Niner & Rebecca

Lady Brig, Aug. 8/10
(through a screen door)

Lady Brig

Joy, Dancing and Maj at MARS
Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2010, 09:01:59 AM »
Thanks, again, for photos.  Nice to see you with Maj and good to see the eaglets doing well.

Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2010, 07:31:44 PM »
Wonderful to see all the 'rescued' birds doing so well. And also other photos from around MARS.
Thank you all so much for posting the,.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline AJL

• HEGPS
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2010, 11:46:31 AM »
Yesterday Winterwren and booni rescued a grounded eaglet. The eaglet, now known as Decker, is from nest 15.

Dan transported the eaglet from Hornby to Denman, and another volunteer transported Decker to MARS.
Last night he received his first examination and was rehydrated; this morning he received a second examination and was then treated for a heavy load of ectoparasites.  Maj says that they found no obvious injuries; Decker is very thin and is now being tubed a mix that will help him begin to recover his losses.

There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before.  ~Robert Lynd, The Blue Lion and Other Essays

Offline Rajame

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2010, 11:49:04 AM »
Blessings to HEART and a great coach, Decker and all at MARS.  :heart
Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.

Offline Thumper66

« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2010, 12:45:03 PM »
Ajl, thank you for the update from Maj at MARS regarding Decker's condition upon examination.  Your constant communications have assisted so greatly to ensure that all of the rescues have gone smoothly.  Decker is certainly in good hands now and we can relax and let Maj and her team do their marvelous work.   :clap

Thanks to Wren, Booni, Doug and Dan for all of your first-hand observations, capturing and transporting of Decker.  This team is so appropriately named...H.E.A.R.T.    :heart

You are all amazing and the teamwork displayed is so awesome.  The eagles and eaglets on Hornby are so blessed to have such a team.  I'll be looking forward to all the updates from you and Maj. 

Wow, is about all I can say.  You guys and gals rock!!    :bow

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2010, 02:18:23 PM »
AJL, thanks for the update. I thought I saw you on Chat this morning, but the words and you had gone by the time I signed in.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline amazedbyeagles

« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2010, 02:38:27 PM »
What a Team!  What a wonderful rescue yesterday of Decker, the newest eaglet to be helped by HEART!  What a blessing that Winterwren and Booni have developed the knowledge and confidence to do what's best for these Hornby fledglings!  Thanks to AJL for all her knowledge, which can only benefit these beautiful eagles in their time of greatest need!  Thanks to Mars for all the help they give the stressed birds and wild creatures.  And Thanks to the Wonderful Eagle Lovers who follow these birds and love them and give so freely and absolutely to help Mars and Hornby do their wonderful work! :eclove

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2010, 07:29:03 PM »
Very good news!  Thanks for the update, AJ. 
Jean, California