HEGPS - Our Nature Zone
October 31, 2014, 02:15:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HEGPS has new Camper and Scootch designs in Cafe Press

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Website Webcam Facebook  
collapse
Pages:  1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yggdrasil Urban Wildlife Rescue & Education Center (California)  (Read 7428 times)
Sunny

United States United States

« Post / Reply #30 on: September 27, 2010, 07:35:09 PM »

Thankyou so much Birdvoyer.....Will make a donation
Sunny nod
birdvoyer
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #31 on: September 27, 2010, 07:43:52 PM »

That will be wonderful Sunny. I know that they will appreciate your thoughtfulness. They really can use it right now if you read back through the thread on page one.

"No one cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
beans
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #32 on: September 27, 2010, 08:16:42 PM »

I made a donation about a month ago.  I don't know the status of things --  there are no updates on the website.

Jean, California
Tigerlady105
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #33 on: September 27, 2010, 09:32:21 PM »

I'm mailing a donation to them tomorrow.  I hope they get some help and can continue their good work somewhere suitable.  It would be terrible if they have to close for good.

Sending good thoughts their way... heart

Beans, do you know anything about what happened at the hearing on the rent increase?  It was supposed to be on Sept. 21.

Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir
gzebear

« Post / Reply #34 on: October 08, 2010, 08:39:46 AM »

beans, how are the little squirrels doing?  heart on their squirrelly little heads ...
beans
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #35 on: October 08, 2010, 10:32:46 AM »

Here's part of a letter I received from Lila:

I wanted to update you on the latest news in our quest to find a new home.  Thanks to City of Oakland Municipal Code, we were granted an extension and have until April of 2011 to move from our current property.  That gives us several more months to raise funds to purchase property for a permanent wildlife center her in the Oakland/Berkeley area.  However, we attended a public hearing with the Oakland Rent Board on September 21 to address the legality of our landlady increasing our rent by 66% for the duration of our stay here.  They ruled that the rent increase is legal so we are still seeking legal assistance for help with this retaliatory rent increase/eviction...  in the meantime, we are continuing to help orphaned and injured wildlife during this very busy wildlife summer season.  Baby squirrels, hummingbirds, and fox kits are still coming in daily, needing care and treatment.  We have not stopped or reduced our services because of this crisis - none of our wildlife patients have been affected so far.

I would like to add that April is one of the busiest times for baby animals.  So many orphaned baby birds, too.  Yggdrasil needs a benefactor to buy a property or lend the money.  I very much doubt they can get a loan from a bank.

The young squirrel at Lindsay is doing well and is now in a very large outdoor cage.  And the squirrels (both young and adults) in my own garden are very frisky.  

Jean, California
emc
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 02:45:41 PM »

Any further news on this rehab center's difficulty, beans?

beth
from California
beans
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #37 on: June 28, 2011, 11:30:18 PM »

They have found a new place and will be slowly moving in.  Much work must be completed before the animals can be transferred. 

There's a news video about the move on the website.  thumbs up

Jean, California
emc
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #38 on: June 29, 2011, 05:05:23 AM »

Wonderful news that they have found a place!! They are an exceptional program , dare I say, in an otherwise Urban area?

They still need help with $ and volunteers and volunteer construction workers. But they are getting through it.  I can't imagine coping with it all myself. eek!. Kudos for them. big grin

beth
from California
PamNY

« Post / Reply #39 on: June 29, 2011, 07:52:10 PM »

I'm glad there is progress! That little squirrel story is one that stayed in my mind for months.
Pages:  1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Theme Changer

Forum Default

Permanently