Author Topic: Shall we do a Cookbook?  (Read 14442 times)

Offline Maria dB

Re: Shall we do a Cookbook?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 01:52:43 PM »
A very good idea, but can we have some veggie and vegan recipes in it (mainly cakes and pastries :eceek)

Offline gzebear

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 02:38:30 PM »
I volunteered to help with this cookbook early on, but I am no longer able to give much time to it. However, I have some favorite recipes I would like to share (vegetarian, vegan and fishy), and would also be willing to do some of the typing - like putting recipes from the Forum into a consistent format. Also, I'm a very good proofreader. Maria dB, I have learned to adapt recipes for a vegan friend  - even cakes! - and they actually taste good ...  :nod2

Offline kmarie0201

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 10:54:44 AM »
Im down with lending some recipe ideas.. Like a clam or seafood chowder.  some bread recipes that would compliment soups and chowders.  and a couple filling vegetarian recipes as well.  I was raised a vegetarian but have evolved  :chuckle to have more curious taste buds.
To the world you may be one person, to one person you may be the world

If you want the honey, follow the bees. Sounds like a good way to get stung to me

Offline gzebear

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 06:19:10 PM »
here's an idea for the cookbook: we could include an index of which recipes are vegan, vegetarian or omnivore - it would be a unique feature that would no doubt lead to international recognition  :nod2

Offline calrob10

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 07:12:13 PM »
Just posting to let who ever know that I am still willing to help with cookbook, in any way needed.
Cheryl

Offline Sunny

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 08:09:29 PM »
I am so willing to help in anyway I can to get a cookbook going...Many good people have great recipes to share I am sure......
Sunny  :nod2
PS I have a few to share if needed :ecwink

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2010, 09:30:15 PM »
Crazy Lady 38, that looks delicious.  I luv regular Flan and this looks wonderful for holidays and special occasions!  Thanks for sharing it with us!   :eclove
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline Snookums

• HEGPS
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 12:56:08 AM »
Gosh, I found it lol

Apple/Cranberry Custard Flan

2 apples peeled & thinly sliced
1/2 c sugar - divided
1 tsp grated orange rind
3/4 cup of fresh or frozen cranberries
3 eggs
1 cup real whipping cream PS - I use low fat canned milk instead and works great!
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2tbsp apple jelly (I usually use more than that to brush over top after cooled)

Generously butter a 9 inch quiche pie plate. In bowl, toss apple slices with 1/4 c. of sugar and orange rind. Arrange over bottom of prepared pan, and sprinkle with cranberries.  Beat together eggs, whipping cream or canned milk if you are using that, remaining 1/4 c sugar and vanilla until blended. Pour gently over fruit. 
Bake at 350 o F. for 40 - 50 min. or until puffed and golden. Cool on rack.

In small saucepan, melt apple jelly over low heat and brush over flan.  Serve warm or at room temperature,  Makes 6 servings. 

:thumbup:
'Twere not best that we should all think alike. It is a difference of opinion that makes horse races.  -- Mark Twain

Offline mew

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 04:08:09 PM »
Thanks crazy; printing now. 

Offline Woolynn

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 08:47:30 PM »
How about a dog biscuit recipe?  A lot of chatters have pets so a couple of recipes for dogs, cats, birds etc would be nice.  Like a lot of people I'm not a very good cook but I still like try on a semi-regular basis and would be willing to contribute. 

Woolynn

Offline SpyderLady

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2010, 02:55:14 PM »
Gosh, I found it lol

Apple/Cranberry Custard Flan

I'm so happy to see this Crazy!  I was in the chat when you spoke of it and have printed it out.  It sounds so good.  Thank you so much.

Offline gzebear

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2010, 07:08:09 PM »
maybe a Forum wizard could copy crazylady's "Apple/Cranberry Custard Flan" recipe to the Cooks' Corner thread so it can be with the other recipes ... ? 

Offline Sunny

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 08:01:43 PM »
A while ago I asked the same question and asid I would be happy to help but nothing seemed to happen I still would love to be a part of a cookbook for HEG and Hornby
Sunny
 :ecsmile

Offline Sunny

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2010, 08:04:40 PM »
Woolyn
I have a dog biscuit recipe but it involves liver and baking  can be pungent when baked.. happy to give it let me know
Sunny

Offline Woolynn

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2010, 05:34:13 PM »
Sunny - I'd love to have the dog biscuit recipe.  I have one dog with allergies and milk bones are causing problems.

Woolynn