Author Topic: My Nebraska  (Read 176625 times)

Offline gmadeb3

• HEGPS
    • My Flickr Page
Re: My Nebraska
« Reply #1170 on: October 04, 2020, 07:54:35 PM »
Bees are very important also and there are many kinds also.

Lots of times you see butterflies and bees together

Firery Skipper

Spinx Hummingbird Moth is another that enjoys the flowers
A smile is the universal welcome- Max Eastman

Offline gmadeb3

• HEGPS
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1171 on: October 04, 2020, 08:10:14 PM »
More Butterflies,  it is also time for the Monarchs to migrate,  I participated in the tagging again this year.  You net and place a small sticky tag on their wing and then let it go. 

Offline gmadeb3

• HEGPS
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1172 on: October 04, 2020, 08:16:59 PM »
A few more different kinds of butterflies,  a couple that are very similar, one called a Painted Lady and the other an American Lady.

The American Lady

Varigated Fritilary

Silver Spotted Skipper

Offline gmadeb3

• HEGPS
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1173 on: October 07, 2020, 08:58:51 PM »
Driving home from work the other day I didn't have to look hard to see a hawk sitting on the light pole right by the railroad tracks and underpass.
 I turned the car around and pulled off to a side street and walked down to where it was perched.  This was so neat,  I walked right under it and got to the other side to get a photo with the light behind me and the front side of the hawk.  Of course after a bit and it didn't fly I got to thinking maybe there was something the matter.  Now I am waiting and looking if I can see anything out of place.  Not to worrry,  the train came by and it caused it to fly off to a tree farther away.  It was a young Red tail Hawk.

Offline Cawatcher

• HEGPS
« Reply #1174 on: October 08, 2020, 09:33:50 AM »
Beautiful coloring

Offline gmadeb3

• HEGPS
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1175 on: October 08, 2020, 05:44:39 PM »
On my drive back from taking a couple of birds to the rehab center I saw this bird on the wire.  Am out in the country so i back up slowly and am able to stop right by this bird.  Shut off the car and got the camera out and was able to get a few pictures of this female Kestrel.  Of course the sky was overcast so made it difficult lighting.

Offline gmadeb3

• HEGPS
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1176 on: November 06, 2020, 08:28:00 PM »
Here is a program that I am doing Saturday morning.  I will be talking about our Raptor Recovery Program which I volunteer for.  We have volunteers across our state that help transport raptors to our Rehab center for care and then hope to have them healed for release.  I will also have my 3 education birds there to talk about.  There is a link to join in to watch on Zoom.  If unable to see live I hope to get the video to view later.

Conservation Nebraska
Nebraska Raptor Recovery and live Raptor Display

Don't forget to register! Join Conservation Nebraska, Crane Trust Nature and Visitor Center
, and the Edgerton Explorit Center
 for a fun morning with Deb Morrow Miller. Deb will be giving a presentation on raptor recovery in Nebraska and will have a live raptor display.
There are two options for attendance:
--- In-person: registration for this event is required and space is limited. Visit the ticket link to reserve your spot today! (https://bit.ly/2TYjyaE)
Attendees will be required to wear a mask and maintain social distance. Conservation Nebraska will be there to provide extra masks.
--- Online: Register to join via Zoom using the following link (https://us02web.zoom.us/.../reg.../WN_YnmrzZKSSeaus4nI26IMHw)
Please email info@neconserve.org with any questions!

Offline mishikeenhquay

• HEGPS
« Reply #1177 on: November 08, 2020, 05:41:16 PM »

It was a wonderful program Deb.  I am so happy that I was able to join through the webinar. 
My grand-daughter even joined in for the last part and LOVED the owl!!

miigwetch
"Our true enemies, as well as our true sources of strength, lie within."