Author Topic: My Nebraska  (Read 97446 times)

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
Re: My Nebraska
« Reply #960 on: November 08, 2018, 10:16:06 PM »
Congratulations, Deb!  You take beautiful pictures!     :thumbup:
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline madrona

• HEGPS
  • Forum Guide
« Reply #961 on: November 09, 2018, 04:53:47 PM »
Our county phone book is published each year and you can submit a photo for consideration for the cover.  So I submitted the eagle that was released for consideration and she was chosen.  How cool that we could educate all these people about lead poisoning.

... <snip> ...

I am also a member of our Nebraska Master Naturalists.  Each year they have put together a calendar that is about nature and I submitted some photos.  I have been lucky and had some of my photos chosen for a month feature and some that are used in a sidebar for added information.  This year one that I sent in was picked for the cover of our calendar.   Thanks also for checking in here and seeing a little bit about Nebraska

Thanks for all you do, Deb.  What an honour to have your photos chosen!  I am happy that you have had some recognition of what you do for wildlife!
   Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to
      rather than what we are separate from. - Terry Tempest Williams

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
    • My Flickr picture albums
« Reply #962 on: November 09, 2018, 06:35:17 PM »
Well-deserved recognition, Deb!  Love the grouse photo especially. I hope you have framed copies of both covers (and photos).   :heart

Offline gmadeb3

• HEGPS
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #963 on: November 15, 2018, 07:12:03 PM »
I have always wondered what ducks do for food in the winter.  This little pond had a bit of open water with ice all around.  There were many Mallards in this little area. They were eating around the edges of the ice which had a mossy stuff there.  I got a little video of them eating on this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXVIXBG_eoQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXVIXBG_eoQ</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZeq2EzYlFs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZeq2EzYlFs</a>

The cold weather didn't bother these guys.

Dreaming

A smile is the universal welcome- Max Eastman

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #964 on: November 15, 2018, 09:30:49 PM »
They found some yummy food!    :nod2

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline gmadeb3

• HEGPS
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #965 on: December 02, 2018, 05:44:33 PM »
Out driving the country roads and it is getting dark but there are a few birds that sit on posts or signs and give you an opportunity to take their picture.  Of course Nebraska's state bird is the Meadowlark and they are seen in the fields year round.  They have a lovely song and like to let you know they " are a pretty bird"

Offline gmadeb3

• HEGPS
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #966 on: December 02, 2018, 06:49:58 PM »
Adding to my sparrow sightings,  I was looking and listening to the black capped chickadees and i saw some other little birds sneaking in the bushes eating some berries.  Of course trying to get a nice clear picture of them with all the branches was a bit difficult. 

white-throated sparrow

These were the ones I was watching and love listening to them sing.

Black capped chickadee

Offline gmadeb3

• HEGPS
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #967 on: December 02, 2018, 07:54:32 PM »
We had a bit of snow this weekend and the birds needed the extra food from the feeders.  It is always nice to see them around.  I had a cardinal couple, junco, sparrow.

Offline gmadeb3

• HEGPS
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #968 on: December 02, 2018, 08:12:14 PM »
Some weeks ago I had a squirrel visitor that had a nasty black scab on its face.   I really hadn't been looking until we had the snow this weekend and was making sure that there was some food out for them.  Today I was watching the birds and of course the squirrels were around also.  I was able to get a better picture of this one and could see that the scab is off and it needs some fur to grow back.  It has a very healthy coat and looks good and plump.

Another squirrel that has been around and this was one from a year ago that was having issues with it fur coat.  It was pretty much naked and lost the end of its tail.  Today I think it was around eating also.

This was squirt over a year ago.

Offline gmadeb3

• HEGPS
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #969 on: December 02, 2018, 08:22:38 PM »
I have to post a couple pictures of my dog Frankie,  sometimes a black dog is very hard to get a nice picture of because they just don't show many features BUT when it is white out from snow he shows up pretty good and of course he was having fun.

Offline jeavverhey

« Reply #970 on: December 03, 2018, 12:52:53 PM »
Really cute dog Deb. He looks very much like a spanial we has as kids. He loved to eat snow, tried to cTh snowballs thrown a d ate the snow. He would run out the door, across the porch a d jump into the snow and began romping in it. Thanks for the memories of him.

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #971 on: December 03, 2018, 09:56:08 PM »
Fun time for Frankie!     :thumbup: