Author Topic: How to Stop Jiggling Posts  (Read 4508 times)

Offline Blue

• HEG
How to Stop Jiggling Posts
« on: January 25, 2010, 07:21:47 PM »
Some of us find that posts longer than a certain length start jiggling.  This makes it very difficult to finish the post and sometimes impossible.  

Kamali had suggested that we hit Enter a few times to stop it.  This sometimes works.  You have to remember to remove the spaces afterwards.

NancyM has just found this solution:

I have read the SMF forum about this problem - they say it is an issue with IE8 (and IE8's interaction with the SMF software).

In July 2009, they recommended that posters who encounter the problem:  in IE8 at the top to the right of the address bar you'll see an icon of a torn in half piece of paper. Click on that which will turn on compatibility mode and should solve that issue.. Alternate fix: use Firefox or another browser (I have never had the problem with Firefox).

Later, they added a patch to the version of the software that we are using, and thought they had fixed the problem. However, on Jan 09, 2010, someone reported it again as a problem.

If you are using Internet Explorer 8, click on the Compatibility View icon just to the right of the Address Bar.  If you don't have the CV icon there, you can enable it by checking Compatibility View in Tools.

Caution:

Because you have to close your browser and open it again after clicking on the CV icon, you will lose your post so remember to do it before posting or else copy your post before doing it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 02:17:30 PM by emc »
Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline Doug

Re: STOP Jiggling Posts
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 12:57:47 PM »
Thank you Blue

I am trying it out

and am trying to fill up space

so I can see

if your suggsesting really

works

and it seems

that it

is

working.

What a difference it makes if what you are typing doesn't keep jumpi8ng out of view.  Thanks ever so much.   I have had this trouble before, and it is a pain.

Offline Raptorman

• The Eagles of White Rock
Re: STOP Jiggling Posts
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 05:09:54 PM »
Another thing you can do is to compose the message in Wordpad, Microsoft Word, or whatever word processing application you use, and then just copy the text and paste it into your post.

If you choose to click your browsers's "compatibility view" button to stop the jiggling posts, make sure to do it before you compose the post (or copy the post to your clipboard before switcing to compatibility view) or you'll loose everything that you typed and will have to start over.