Author Topic: Let's Get Acquainted!  (Read 68451 times)

Offline cobbler39

Let's Get Acquainted!
« on: November 07, 2009, 11:51:18 AM »
Hello and Welcome.
This is a thread where we can get to know each other. We all know why we're here, the love we all share for two majestic Eagles.
Let's take a moment though and get to know each other also.

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
Re: Let's Get Acquainted!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 01:06:03 PM »
I'm Jean and I volunteer at International Bird Rescue Research Center in California.
Jean, California

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 03:20:10 AM »
I am BBE (Ann).  I am retired and live in beautiful BC.  'The Eagles of Hornby Island' were my introduction (in April 2006) to live cameras and forums.  I have been with them ever since.  :ecsmile

A big thank you to Doug, Sheila and everyone involved with this project. :heart
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline cobbler39

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 04:46:49 AM »
I am Laura. Like Ann, my introduction to live cameras and forums began in April 2006 with the "Eagles of Hornby Island".
I live in beautiful Prince Edward Island, retired, grandmother to 16, and great grandmother to 1, with another pending. :eclove

Much love and gratitude have gone into the development of this forum and website. Love for the Hornby's and gratitude to Doug and Sheila for sharing them with the rest of us.
My thanks also to everyone involved.

Offline Donnae

• HEGPS
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 11:16:28 PM »
Hi, I'm Donna, I live in Ontario and was new watching the Eagles this year. Now I'm hooked!!!  I have learned so much but sure have a long way to go. It has been an amazing experience for me. There is something very special about this pair of eagles and I'm sure everyone who watches them will agree.

Thank you Doug and Sheila for sharing the world of Mom and Dad Hornby with us. I know it will help all that watch see the important of these majestic birds and therefore bring respect and better understanding of nature. We can't thank you enough!!!

Offline Kamali

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 12:52:53 AM »
I'm Lindy.  I slave in a Pay Centre.
Lindy
UK

Offline cobbler39

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 02:31:48 AM »
LOL Lindy. Brief and to the point, as usual. :eclol

Offline Blue

• HEG
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 09:10:45 AM »
I live on the East Coast of Vancouver Island, not very far south of the ferry to Hornby Island.  I have been watching the eagles since the Hornby cam was first broadcast in 2006.  How wonderful to still be able to watch Mom and Dad Hornby!

Earth speaks through wilderness.
We still have a moment to listen.

Offline passerine

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 09:32:55 AM »
I live in central VI, I was lucky enough to meet Doug in 2005 where he was showing his 2005 Hornby video he had made & have been watching the Mom & Dad Hornby since whenever it's broadcasting.
I'm pretty much all about wildlife & the outdoors, enjoy bird watching, gardening,walking, basically being surrounded by nature.
Very happy we are again getting this opportunity to see Mom & Dad Hornby, my gratitude goes out to Doug & Sheila Carrick, raptorman & WE for getting us hooked up & all the rest us for getting the website & forum up. :heart

Offline purpleagle

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 01:43:15 PM »
Hi y'all...I'm Mary from beautiful San Antonio in South Texas. The Hornby's were my first eagle cam and I am so delighted to be back with them and all of you!! :eclove  Thank you Doug and Sheila and raptorman and who ever was involved in this wonderful project! Glad to be "home"! :heart :heart

Offline cobbler39

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 01:59:23 PM »
Welcome purpleagle! It is great to have you on board.

Offline purpleagle

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 03:24:25 PM »
Thank you cobbler39...I remember you too!! Nice to see you!!  What does the "HEG" stand for near your name?

Offline cobbler39

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 04:05:23 PM »
The HEG, stands for Hornby Eagle Group. I am a member of the group responsible for getting the Hornby cam back on line.

Offline purpleagle

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 05:00:46 PM »
 :clap  That's wonderful, cobbler!! I guess there was a quite large group working on that project!  Thanks for letting me know and thanks for all that your group accomplished!!  :bow

Offline cobbler39

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 02:15:25 AM »
Purpleagle, all those involved have either HEG or Administrator under their profile name on this forum.