HEGPS - Our Nature Zone
January 21, 2018, 11:32:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register Website Webcam Facebook  
collapse
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Visits to Hornby - 2013-2014  (Read 29292 times)
mishikeenhquay
HEGPS

United States United States

« Post / Reply #90 on: October 26, 2014, 07:49:53 AM »

At this point, I went back to the cabin to see booni and show her the pictures that I had taken so far.  I really hated leaving this guy, but with both Ekf and Donna continuously taking pictures, I knew he would be well covered.

While showing pictures to booni, I returned a phone call to AJL.  It was hard talking to her, because honestly, I so wanted this to be Dad that I was nearly in tears on the phone.  Ok, maybe I actually did cry for a minute, but I had to regain what little composure I had left.  I had more pictures to take, and a car to get packed if we were going to make the 1 o'clock ferry.

Back down near Peters, this beautiful personality was still perched.  Ekf was still taking pictures, and Donna was resting on the deck of Ekf's rental looking at her pictures.  Within a short time booni joined Ekf and I to take some of the probably over 2000 photos that were taken that morning.

Reluctantly I left this beautiful guy, and Grassy Point.  Ekf and booni continued to take photos, but alas, I had a car to pack......a ferry to catch.....a friend to meet....a drive to make....a plane to catch.......SIGHHHHHHH

We acknowledged each other one last time.....

"Our true enemies, as well as our true sources of strength, lie within."
mishikeenhquay
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #91 on: October 26, 2014, 08:19:18 AM »

Back at the cabin, I am getting the car packed, and making sure that any left over gravy is in a safe place.  Ekf and booni have arrived back, with Otto of course, and they are all talking about this wonderful eagle that is still sitting in Peters tree.

Once the car is loaded, I check the ferry schedule one more time.  DANG!!!  The one ferry has been cancelled!!  A quick call to Dawn to tell her that we will now be on the 2 o'clock ferry. This does give us a bit more time to do a final 'quick clean' of the cabin, and say our final good-byes to Otto, Ekf and booni. 

It is time....it is really time now......

We get to the ferry line-up.  No problem getting on this ferry!!  There are only four cars in front of us!!  I take my final, annual pictures at Shingle Spit.

The light turns green...sigh....it is time for one last look....

mishikeenhquay
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #92 on: October 26, 2014, 08:42:45 AM »

Off the ferry, and a quick drive across Denman to catch the next ferry.  Again the line-up is small, and while we wait, I call booni just to see if she misses us yet.  big grin

Light is green.....time to go.....

Taking in the beautiful mountains on Vancouver Island....

We exited the ferry and drove to Dawns for an all to brief visit.  It is such a pleasure to have those few minutes with her and her Mr. as part of the treasured memories!  All too soon we were on the road to Victoria, where I had booked a hotel room in order to be closer to the airport for our 6:30 am flight.  Donna went to grab some dinner, while I tried to get the car ready for its return to the rental agency.  It was all a bit surreal as we settled in to get our few hours of sleep.  Memories, cherished memories.

It was a fantastic trip.  I was able to spend time, although brief, with some dear friends, and meet some new ones.  An all to brief visit with Joy of Dogs, meeting up with Foldi and her friend Laura was a treat!  We were able to have a couple of meals with them, and share some wonderful laughs.... old and new stories to cherish.  Wren, giving me the honor of a canoe ride around Mom and Dad's territory...what a gift!  Sharing some meals with her....and of course her AWESOME homemade bread!!  Sandor....It was a honor to meet her!!  What a fantastic person!  We did not get to spend much time together, but what time we had was wonderful!!  Maj and Ruben, it was such a blessing to have them come to Hornby to spend some time with all of us!  What fun we had.....but next time I get a flash light with batteries if we are going to walk on Helliwell at night!!

Ekf, Donna, booni and Otto....what can I say?  Gitchi Miigwetch from the bottom of my heart.  They made this an awesome adventure.  Until we meet again.....

thanks...'more than salt'    
heart

Cawatcher
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #93 on: October 26, 2014, 09:02:16 AM »

heart Wonderful Mishi, Know the feeling of leaving Hornby with a lump in the throat  cry  Thank you for sharing your adventures
amazedbyeagles

« Post / Reply #94 on: October 26, 2014, 09:18:24 AM »

What a wonderful story of a wonderful adventure!  You are a family!  You even look alike with your bags of goodies!!!  Wonderful photos, MIshi!!! heart 
auroradawn
HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #95 on: October 26, 2014, 10:33:05 AM »

Mishi, great photo's, great stories - thank you for sharing  thumbup
linused

« Post / Reply #96 on: October 26, 2014, 11:55:47 AM »

Mishi,  Thank you for sharing your journey and wonderful photographs. I have enjoyed reading your story
Gasp62

« Post / Reply #97 on: October 26, 2014, 12:02:09 PM »

Mishi, Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us thumbup   I have really enjoyed your photos, as well as your stories heart
amazedbyeagles

« Post / Reply #98 on: October 26, 2014, 04:38:56 PM »

I love this story of time spent on Hornby!!!  Mishi, you take us all along with you as you make your discoveries, and your wonderment "is this Dad?"  You think what we think and hope what we hope!  Thank you so much for sharing!  love
amazedbyeagles

« Post / Reply #99 on: October 26, 2014, 04:46:28 PM »

Wonderful, fabulous photos of MaybeDad!!!!  heart  I can feel your excitement, your heart thumping, your thrill at seeing this gorgeous eagle on Dad's favorite perch! love
MaggiesMom

« Post / Reply #100 on: October 26, 2014, 05:31:11 PM »

I am so jealous!  what a fabulous story of a trip - and such lovely photos of Hope and the mystery eagles and MaybeDad. Thank you so much.

"If you slow things down, you notice things you hadn't seen before." - Robert Wilson, director, author, videographer
passerine
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #101 on: October 27, 2014, 05:57:11 PM »

Lovely photographs of a beautiful island. smile
Tigerlady105
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #102 on: October 27, 2014, 06:37:24 PM »

Luv your stories and beautiful photos, Mishi.   heart

Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir
ivani

Brazil Brazil

« Post / Reply #103 on: October 29, 2014, 12:02:52 PM »

Mishi, thank you. See their pictures and read their stories, makes me think and feel like I'm in Hornby. Amazing pictures, amazing places, wonderful friends ... it's great to see it all.

Love you, Mishi!!]

iff, ivani
Faerie Gardener

« Post / Reply #104 on: October 29, 2014, 02:02:56 PM »

Mishi, the first time I read your story I was having trouble reading through the tears in my eyes, so I have read it a few more times, and I have savored each moment. I understand the feeling when the eagles fly over and you hope and hope that it is Mom or Dad! 
In the photos of this beauty on the Peters tree there is a gorgeous angle that we don't often see, where it appears that there is a rounded limb in the shape of a sort of Yoke in front of the limb he is perched on. I love that!

One other thing - the picture of the spider web really touched a note with me: I saw at least one, maybe two Hearts in that photo.

Thank you, Mishi. You have a true gift and thank you for sharing this experience with us!

"In all things of Nature there is something of the Marvelous"  -Aristotle

"A garden is never as good as it will be next year" -Anon
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Theme Changer

Forum Default

Permanently