HEGPS - Our Nature Zone
January 22, 2018, 09:15:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register Website Webcam Facebook  
collapse
Pages:  1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Visits to Hornby - 2013-2014  (Read 29325 times)
mishikeenhquay
HEGPS

United States United States

« Post / Reply #75 on: October 25, 2014, 05:39:00 PM »

A VERY exciting day...now, how will that mac and cheese taste??

(You will have to click the link below to see Otto enjoying the mac and cheese)

http://vid756.photobucket.com/albums/xx207/mishikeenhquay/Hornby%208/Hornby%209/Hornby%202014%20Day%209PM%20056_zpsikadcfly.mp4

Well...it looks like Otto enjoyed it....now he needs some rest!!

"Our true enemies, as well as our true sources of strength, lie within."
mishikeenhquay
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #76 on: October 25, 2014, 06:11:32 PM »

October 10th...the last full day on Hornby...where oh where does the time go when you are here???

A beautiful sunrise to start the day....the sky was just awash with brilliant colors and clouds.  A view from outside the cabin....waiting to go to Grassy Point.

NOW we are down at Grassy Point....

mishikeenhquay
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #77 on: October 25, 2014, 06:17:58 PM »

It did not matter where you looked, there was something brilliant to see!!

mishikeenhquay
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #78 on: October 25, 2014, 06:22:13 PM »

Caught this guy stretching his wings...

and the colors continue....

Keeping watch....

mishikeenhquay
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #79 on: October 25, 2014, 06:25:34 PM »

Even the spiderwebs fascinate me, when on Hornby....

Color...

color...

and more color....

mishikeenhquay
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #80 on: October 25, 2014, 06:33:03 PM »

Another phone call, and again we are off to the Babysitting Tree.  This beautiful eagle was perched in the lower left branch.

mishikeenhquay
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #81 on: October 25, 2014, 06:42:56 PM »

A few more of this beautiful guy, as the sun is getting long in the sky......I really hate to think this is the last night here!!

He takes a good stretch...

and then, right after this picture was taken, he flies off.

After checking all of Mom and Dads perch trees, EKF, Donna and I go to Hidden Beach to see if anyone is home there.

No eagles, dang it...but some wonderful sights just the same....

mishikeenhquay
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #82 on: October 25, 2014, 07:07:10 PM »

The sky loses its light as we sit at Hidden Beach...

And now for the next story....as we go back to the car, to go meet booni and Otto and have some dinner, something odd happens.  I have gone off to take a last look around Hidden Beach Park...the trees there are really fascinating, while Donna and Ekf have gone back to the car.  When I get to the car, they are waiting for me....and then it happens.  Someone makes the statement that the car is locked!  WHAT???  I did not lock the car!!  Check all the doors and windows, locked.  Check my pockets....no keys!  Then I look in the car, there are the keys, right where I left them, ON THE FLOOR!!  Oh wonderful.....now what??

Call booni!!  she will know what to do!!  When I got her on the phone, she says, "I only know one person on Hornby that might be able to do that."  She gives me his number.  I make that phone call with fear and extreme hope!!  I get the answering machine....sigh.
Then I hear the message....and I start to laugh.  The message went like this.  "You have reached David ________.  Water Delivery, and Keys Locked in Car Guy."  Once I stop laughing, I leave the message.  OF COURSE I was a name dropper.....saying that none other than booni had told me to call!!  I give my name, number and location, then hang up and walk back to Ekf and Donna.

I tell them what had happened, and suggested that we go ahead and walk back to the house.  Who knows when David might call back.  This could get ugly, we are supposed to be leaving in the morning!!

We had not gone far when my phone rang.  It was The water delivery, keys locked in car guy!!!!  He told me to go back to the car, he was on his way!!  When he arrived, Ekf and I tried to help him...or was that watch him...as he used a credit card, a jimmy, some little air pillows, and a coat hanger....I dont think he needed our help....but what else were we supposed to do??  Ekf held his flashlight (he had been holding it in his mouth) and I offered little to no assistance, other than to tell him where the keys were.

He was not to far into the vehicle, when the alarm went off.....LOL.  He got the doors open by reaching that coat hanger in and pushing the unlock button on the keys!!  I jumped in, and shut off the alarm...but I am sure it was not before all of the neighborhood had been alerted.

We were almost ready to slink away, when booni pulls up with Otto.  I think David was really glad to see her.  At least there was one sane person that he knew!  Thank you David!!  You averted a real tragedy!!!

Oh yes....and the moon???  It was beautiful that night!!

mishikeenhquay
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #83 on: October 25, 2014, 07:46:38 PM »

October 11, 2014

The last day....well actually just the morning....to be continued.

Cawatcher
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #84 on: October 25, 2014, 09:24:26 PM »

lol lol lol LMAO and yes gorgeous moon  love
Rajame
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #85 on: October 25, 2014, 09:50:16 PM »

Mishi,

I am thrilled to read the adventures you all had. I love that there is a forever friendship because of the Hornby Eagles! Your messages and storytelling are intriguing and I am holding on for the ....to be continued...

Many thanks and hugs,
Rajame
huggie

Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.
OpieK

« Post / Reply #86 on: October 25, 2014, 11:17:24 PM »

I just ALMOST finished reading a really good book -- patiently waiting for the next chapter.  What a lovely journey with such special people in a magical place.  And this book is beautifully illustrated!
mishikeenhquay
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #87 on: October 26, 2014, 07:24:36 AM »

October 11, 2014

Well here we are, the final chapter on this visit to Hornby.  I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone! 

I got up early-ish, 6:00 am.  I had to go to Grassy Point, and the medicine wheel.  The night before, I had made 20 ties that needed to be added to the center pole.  This was not something that I had planned, but something that had "become necessary".

The weather was not the best, in fact is was overcast and drizzling.  As I stood at the wheel, I felt someone flying over me.  When I looked up I saw an eagle flying out toward the water.  He, or she had come from the area of Babysitting Tree.  I watched to see if perhaps a fish was going to be grabbed, but instead, the eagle flew back toward Peters Tree.  At that moment, my phone rang.  It was booni, telling me that an eagle had just landed on Peters.  I told her that as soon as I was finished at the wheel, I would head over that way.

Once in the area of Peters, I found this beautiful eagle.  I cannot describe the feeling that came over me, but rest assured, if you had seen me at that moment you might have thought that I was 'possessed'!  It was raining, I was shaking, and I was SO wanting this to be DAD!

I moved around as much as possible, to get as many angles as I could.

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx207/mishikeenhquay/Hornby%2011/Hornby%2011%20Last%20Day/Hornby2014Thelastday449_zps4c5766da.jpg

mishikeenhquay
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #88 on: October 26, 2014, 07:32:22 AM »

The cormorants were all lined up on big rock to witness this event.

The white 'spots' seen on, or around this eagle, is actually raindrops!!  Yes, there was a break in the clouds, and the sun was poking through, but still it rained.

Donna was taking pictures also, and I suggested she go find EKF, while I moved further down the road to get yet another angle.

mishikeenhquay
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #89 on: October 26, 2014, 07:38:30 AM »

This eagle is gorgeous...could it be Dad?

I could see that Ekf was now out photographing with Donna, so I called booni and told her what I was seeing.  This guy could really strike a pose!

Pages:  1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Theme Changer

Forum Default

Permanently