HEGPS - Our Nature Zone
January 18, 2018, 05:02:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register Website Webcam Facebook  
collapse
Pages:  [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Special Opportunity for Eagle Lovers!  (Read 12000 times)
luvthebirds
HEGPS

United States United States

« on: April 12, 2013, 08:39:09 PM »

Special Opportunity for Eagle Lovers!  ACT NOW for a Chance to See Bald Eagles in the Wild.

We have been contacted by the producer of the Animal Planet (Canada) TV show Wild Obsession.  The show features animal enthusiasts who are treated to a view of the species they love in the wild.  They are planning an episode about bald eagles and are looking for an eagle lover to appear on the show.  The ideal candidate will be someone who not only is an avid eagle enthusiast, but has not had much experience viewing eagles in the wild.  The show films over several days and the eagle lover will be able to observe eagles in the wild with an eagle expert.  The participant will meet eagle experts, go on a hunt to spot eagles in their habitat and hopefully get some up close viewing. There will also be a visit to a bird sanctuary to help with the rehabilitation of an injured eagle who will be released back to the wild.

Some additional information about the eagle episode:

The filming with take place for 5 days sometime between May 27th and June 15th.

It will be filmed in the Canmore and Coledale areas in Alberta and the participant would need to be available for probably 6 days including travel.

One of the experts who will be part of the episode is Colin Weir from the Alberta Birds of Prey Foundation.  Here is some information about Mr. Weir and the foundation:

www.burrowingowl.com/about/history.php

www.wearealberta.ca/OurCauses/BirdsofPrey/tabid/220/Default.aspx

www.facebook.com/pages/Alberta-Birds-of-Prey-Foundation/187450737955817

There will be some hiking involved in order to get to the good spots for spotting eagles.

A person from Canada is preferred, but the producer will also consider candidates from other areas who are enthusiastic and would appeal to viewers.  They are looking for passion as well as the ability to express that passion. As it is for television, they are looking for someone who is not afraid to share their feelings and thoughts. They hope to find someone who loves eagles but still has a lot to learn about them and may not have seen them up close.

All expenses will be paid by the show.  There should be no cost to the participant.  There may also be an honorarium.

If you think this is something you would like to do, and are available during the filming period, please submit your name, email address, and telephone number to the show’s producer, Terra Renton, at terra@pyramidproductions.tv .  Please include a statement about yourself and what it would mean to you to be chosen for the show.  It will be up to the producer to determine who they wish to consider and interview.  Please keep in mind the show is looking for a special person who loves eagles, is not an expert in the field, and has not before had much opportunity to view eagles in the wild.

Interested people should contact Ms. Renton ASAP as the show is filming in late May. She plans to conduct telephone interviews next week with applicants who they will be considering for the episode.

This is an opportunity for an eagle enthusiast to have a one of a kind experience.  HEGPS would love for it to be someone who is a Hornby Eagle fan!      

Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)
slave lake donna

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 09:33:46 PM »

i am the eagle women you need!! i have been watching eagles on live cams fr BC to all over the world and i have 3 nest by my house in slave lake alberta!! im i think im your best eagle watcher and i can show the world what are preds are all about and have knowlege and would love to bee with you !!!
BBE
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 12:00:39 AM »

What a wonderful opportunity. So neat that the company contacted HEGPS about this project. It would be great if someone from our group was able to go.

thumbup

Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013
luvthebirds
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 12:14:46 PM »

Congratulations to forum member terbobun (aka skuzzabuzz) who is a finalist to be the participant on the eagle episode of Wild Obsession!   clap

Well done! Good luck to you, terbobun!   thumbup

Nurture yourself with Nature - luvthebirds
(and don't forget to screep for what you need)
BBE
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 03:09:08 PM »

V clap good luck to terbobun.  

When will the 'winner' of this great opportunity be selected / nnounced ?  I guess soon if filming starts at the end of May.

Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
auroradawn
HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 08:20:00 PM »

Good luck Terbobun, please keep us posted on progress  thumbup
terbobun

« Post / Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 08:48:43 AM »

hello friends. Thank you for wishing me well on this possible journey of a lifetime.  I got an email from the producer today.  They still haven't  decided on a winner.. I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo nervous!!!!!!!
I've only seen one bald eagle and that was in our local zoo.   I think I'd faint if i saw one in its element.

thanks again for your support and I will certainly let you know when i hear from them again.

terbobun
passerine
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 10:20:40 AM »

Wishing you the best of luck terbobun!  good luck
terbobun

« Post / Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 04:21:10 PM »

thank you for your well wishes... I got another email from the producer and here is what she said.

dear marylee, I just wanted to let you know that you have made it to the final three for consideration for the eagle program.  We are now sending the videos off to the big bosses so they can weigh in.  I will let you know next week and I wish you all the best.

How exciting!!! 
emc
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 04:59:17 PM »

Congratulations making it to the final three!  Eggciting indeed.  big grin

beth
from California
BBE
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 05:23:32 PM »

Way to go, fingers crossed  good luck

Faerie Gardener

« Post / Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 06:18:07 PM »

Yay!!  Best of luck!

"In all things of Nature there is something of the Marvelous"  -Aristotle

"A garden is never as good as it will be next year" -Anon
peppy7

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 07:27:24 AM »

Fingers crossed for you Terbobun, how exciting!
terbobun

« Post / Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 01:32:43 PM »

You guys are so sweet and special to me. thank you!!!  I'm at the edge of my seat waiting to hear about this.  It's only about three weeks before they start filming. what are they waiting for?! Us girls need time to get our 'stuff' together. haaa

marylee (terbobun, skuzzabuzz) big grin
terbobun

« Post / Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 03:16:37 AM »

good morning to my wonderful beak geek friends.  Still havent heard anything.  But, it occurred to me that I will need a passport  eek!  I will have it rushed... for some odd reason I just didnt think of it.  puzzled

have a great day watching the nest.
terbobun
Pages:  [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Theme Changer

Forum Default

Permanently