HEGPS - Our Nature Zone
April 19, 2018, 04:22:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register Website Webcam Facebook  
collapse
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussions from LIVE CHAT  (Read 51249 times)
Doug

« Post / Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 06:39:13 PM »

Laurad (London, England) has relatives, the Fletchers, living not far from us on Hornby Island.  A couple days ago Sheila thought she saw Alan Fletcher on the ferry, but we agreed it couldn't be because he was in London visiting Laurad.  Yesterday at the Cardboard Bakery (the pizza place), I thought I was seeing a ghost - looking just like Alan Fletcher.  Hesitantly, I approached him, "You are Alan, aren't you?"

Puzzled, he said "Yes", obviously wondering what this was all about.

"You are supposed to be in London visiting Laurad".

"Oh, that's my sister Jose who is visiting".

Today, while walking around Helliwell Park we saw what looked like a big black bear ahead of us.  It turned out to be a woman walking a dog.  We learned that the dog's name is Sasha and not only that, but that the owner of the dog is Jose Fletcher (who is visiting London).

So hand it on to Laurad and Jose, that Sasha is very happy.
Chipadee

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 06:49:02 PM »

Imagine that! lol  Doug, that's got me grinning from ear to ear.   big grin
BBE
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 10:46:39 PM »

Doug and Sheila, it truly is a small world. I am sure Laurad will have a chuckle.

Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013
Tigerlady105
HEGPS

United States United States

« Post / Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 01:11:21 AM »

And the world is getting smaller and friendlier, due to Doug and Sheila and the Hornby Eagles cam! group hug

Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir
Laurad
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Post / Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 02:44:36 AM »

Doug, what an interesting day for you! Indeed it's Jose and her sister Penelope (who lives in Paris), who have been in the UK visiting, the latter staying with me. Alas, I have not seen Jose, but I did speak to her and she leaves tomorrow, so I probably will not be able to pass on the message about Sasha. We're hoping Alan may visit again one day soon - they are all cousins of my husband. It is indeed a small world and I have been to Hornby Island once, many years ago, long before I was even aware of Bald Eagles.

Laura, Wimbledon, London UK - HEG
Doug

« Post / Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 09:14:02 PM »

Answering Arizonafan's post in Doug's updates:   Thanks for your comments and congratulations on your first post.  I was so frightened of posting, I sent any comments in to Mary Jane by e-mail and she would post it for me.  After a year and a half I finally got brave enough to post myself.
I am quite pleased with my dahlia planting this year - planted 120 tubers.  Previously I would dig 120 holes and end up watering each one by hand with a hose.  This year I planted the tubers along trenches and laid down soaker hoses.  Now I just have to turn on a tap for 15 or 20 minutes ....  and turn it off again.  It makes me smile just to think of the ease of it all.  Do you grow dahlias?
Tigerlady105
HEGPS

« Post / Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 02:23:27 AM »

It's so nice to have you in the chat room with us, Doug.  Everyone enjoys it when you chat with us.    love

That looks like a much better solution to watering the dahlias and it'll give you more time to enjoy them and do other gardening.  When they are blooming, please make a video so we can see them, too.  If you include a few close-ups, maybe we can make a jigsaw puzzle or two.  

A colorful flower filling the whole frame is what I have in mind.   smile   The best shots for puzzles are not centered...makes it more interesting if the flower's center isn't in the middle of the picture.  Does that make sense?  I hope so.  If not, please let me know.   nod

Many thanks for sharing the eagles, your lovely garden and beach scenes, and for both of you being such kind and generous people.

Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir
basenjimom

« Post / Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 11:31:39 AM »

Ad Block must be disabled in order for cam to start.  Once you log in you can enable the block once again.  That said, I have cam and no way to sign into chat sad
emc
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #23 on: September 06, 2010, 11:32:22 AM »

I was having difficulty signing into the chat.  I didn't want to go to facebook to sign in each time.  On the separate registration, a cell phone # was required. I didn't want to give it out, and figured many other people might not want to give it out either. I sent an email to webmaster there and got a reply from Peter and Graham, saying that question would be removed in minutes.  That it was a remnant of before.

Wonderful response and response time, too!

beth
from California
emc
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #24 on: September 06, 2010, 11:33:25 AM »

Basenjimom, maybe you need to unblock the ads again to register for chat. They have worked hard to remove any possible way to avoid the ads.

beth
from California
njoyneagles

« Post / Reply #25 on: September 06, 2010, 11:34:06 AM »

The new site is definitely interesting - but no one in chat to test that out.  Also, my old log in for the chat does not work - is anyone else having that challenge?  For the cell phone - I just used 1111111111 and it took.
basenjimom

« Post / Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 11:37:27 AM »

I still have ad Block off but do not have the WE or FB option in the chat box in which to sign in.

Edit:  just tried the main site log in, but it logged me in as my first name, not my chat name.
Rajame
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 11:38:48 AM »

I faked the cell phone number too. I am in there njoyneagles. I don't know why I don't see you.

PLEASE READ:
If you cannot log in, it will require you to re-register. Your email address is required and they ask for your first and last name. What you put in the first name box will become your Screenname. Beware.

PS. I post this now as things might change throughout the day. So, let's go with the flow.  heart

Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.
emc
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #28 on: September 06, 2010, 11:40:57 AM »

Go through the www.wildearth.tv site to get cam and chat, at least for now. Then re-register for chat.

beth
from California
njoyneagles

« Post / Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 11:43:33 AM »

Rajame - yeah, just noticed that it doesn't give you anywhere to specify screen name...  perhaps I'll need to re-register Smiley
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Theme Changer

Forum Default

Permanently