HEGPS - Our Nature Zone
January 20, 2018, 04:05:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register Website Webcam Facebook  
collapse
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussions from LIVE CHAT  (Read 48507 times)
Rajame
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

United States United States

« Post / Reply #120 on: September 21, 2010, 02:37:49 PM »

We are glad you found the forum and can post here. Interesting times.  heart

Your soul lights up the room as if the sun is beaming directly.
marjy2u

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #121 on: September 21, 2010, 07:32:07 PM »

Thanks, emc ... I thought the cache and the temporary filels were the same, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.  I have mine set to clear on closing, plus I do empty manually on occasion if I'm browsing around to a number of places.  I got in the habit with my last computer because things used to slow down so much!
emc
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #122 on: September 21, 2010, 07:50:39 PM »

Those are good habits and settings.  So, if you didn't do it yet, close your browser, lol.

beth
from California
gzebear

« Post / Reply #123 on: September 22, 2010, 04:48:09 AM »

Dizzymom, thanks for posting the screencaps. I haven't been in the chatroom lately so was curious what was going on. That's sad ... but I liked Raptorman's response and wish it were true. I don't know why hackers do what they do, but my guess is it's just because they can. Or it makes them feel smart that they've figured out how to disrupt something because they're no good at creating something. Or they don't have anything better to do. Or they desperately need attention, even from people they don't know. Or they're just plain dumb. Or all of the above. They're the kids in the back of the room shooting paper wads instead of dropping out of school and doing something they love or getting some help with their disability.
sallogan

Canada Canada

« Post / Reply #124 on: September 22, 2010, 05:21:35 AM »

Good  Wednesday morning.
I've never posted here before so hope I'm doing this right
I received this mssge from zaplive just now in the short chat room.
Sal

An era is ending: zaplive.tv
On 01.10.2010 we will shut down our free service.
Therefore Registrations are now no longer possible.
Live broadcasts are no longer permitted as of 09/28/2010.
We also ask all registered users, to download their own archived boradcasts until 09/28/2010.
We thank all users, viewers and producers!
Your team zaplive.tv
NancyM
HEGPS
Administrator

« Post / Reply #125 on: September 22, 2010, 07:12:08 AM »

Thank you for posting that notice, sal.  It does appear that ZapLive is ending their broadcasting as of October 1.

WildEarth has said that they will be making archives available- it would be great if we could confirm that they will be archiving the 2009 Hornby files as well as the 2010 archives.

The WE blog had a recent post by Peter Braat and I have reproduced some of the text here

Original post:  http://blog.wildearth.tv/2010/09/brand-new-web-site.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~
<snip>

Now, if I would try to summarise your feedback so far in one sentence I think it might go something like this: "The new site looks great, but where are the archives and could you change ... on the new chat room?"

Firstly, the archives. To paraphrase a favourite action here of mine: "They'll be back!", and bringing them back has the highest priority now that the site has launched. One important point to note is that while the archives are currently not accessible on the new site, the recording continues so no sightings will be lost.

Also, as those of you who've used the archives, and especially those that have been creating seek points/hotspots know, the 'old' system was not very user-friendly. Therefore it would not do to simply try to rebuild it as it was. This is a unique opportunity to come back with something much better, more intuitive, something user-friendly and simply plain fun to use! More information on this will follow soon.

<snip>
-- Peter

~~~~~~~~
emc
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #126 on: September 22, 2010, 06:02:29 PM »

The bottom line of the zap notice, other than they won't be available free after Oct. 1.. Is that if there is something that we see on a cam now, we need to save it ourselves for the time being.  There isn't archiving available for now, for making hot spots, or saving the cam feed.

beth
from California
NancyM
HEGPS
Administrator

« Post / Reply #127 on: September 22, 2010, 06:22:31 PM »

emc, WildEarth has said that archiving will continue and nothing will be lost. However, because WE has to build a new program to let us see the archives, it will be an undetermined amount of time until the archives are actually available.
emc
HEG
Friend of HEGPS

« Post / Reply #128 on: September 22, 2010, 06:25:08 PM »

WE will be saving the cam feed,into archives, starting now?  I missed that somewhere. OK.  Ahhh, I see it now, reading it for the umpteenth time.  lol   

the recording continues so no sightings will be lost.

beth
from California
ivani

Brazil Brazil

« Post / Reply #129 on: September 24, 2010, 05:16:13 PM »

cry    I'm lost. Can anyone tell me where is the chat, and where is everybody?   

iff, ivani
Raptorman

« Post / Reply #130 on: September 24, 2010, 09:19:49 PM »

cry    I'm lost. Can anyone tell me where is the chat, and where is everybody?   

Hello Ivani Smiley
For now people are using the cam and chat at this link: http://www.zaplive.tv/static/wildearth/channels/we_hornby_eagles.html

In the next couple days that link won't work and you will find everyone here: http://www.wildearth.tv

ivani

Brazil Brazil

« Post / Reply #131 on: September 25, 2010, 02:40:09 PM »

Thanks, raptor.
I'm going there.

iff, ivani
amazedbyeagles

« Post / Reply #132 on: September 27, 2010, 09:04:25 PM »

Thank you so much, Nancym for your message from Peter about how the archiving system is undergoing a revamp.....glad to know they are working to make a system that will be good for us all!   I love having updates on such details....it makes me feel part of the family to know patience will reward us!!!! Thanks again!!
NancyM
HEGPS
Administrator

« Post / Reply #133 on: September 29, 2010, 02:14:10 PM »

The links to ZapLive will no longer work, as they have shut down their tv broadcasting section as of this afternoon (Wednesday, September 29).

The cam and live chat are available through  http://www.wildearth.tv/#/Home

Edited to remove one link that has now been updated in the next post - -thank you Raptorman!!
Raptorman

« Post / Reply #134 on: September 29, 2010, 03:00:09 PM »

LauraD has FTPd the new chat page to the Hornby Web Server.
This can be our new chat page while WildEarth continues working on improvements of their chat host:
http://www.hornbyeagles.com/chatpage.htm

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

* Theme Changer

Forum Default

Permanently