Author Topic: Hornby Cam Discussion 2012, Part 4 ~ August 11 -  (Read 63831 times)

Offline sparkie

• HEGPS
Re: Hornby Cam Discussion 2012, Part 4 ~ August 11 -
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2012, 08:22:31 AM »
Beautiful Sunrise .

http://youtu.be/TKXSZIb_fDs

Faint gulling heard from mum at the 50sec mark 6.42am.

http://youtu.be/uVcqWslOm_c

Offline passerine

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2012, 12:57:41 PM »
I would like to take this spot to congratulate Mom & Dad on raising another beautiful Eaglet. It was a great season for food & being able to watch Hali learn to fly & see where she goes. :heart

Thank-you videographers for all your time & love of bringing Mom, Dad & Halis journey to us here.

The cam operators did a great job & a big thank-you to them too. Way to gals! :biggrin3

Offline mother nature

« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2012, 02:41:53 PM »
I would like to take this spot to congratulate Mom & Dad on raising another beautiful Eaglet. It was a great season for food & being able to watch Hali learn to fly & see where she goes. :heart

Thank-you videographers for all your time & love of bringing Mom, Dad & Halis journey to us here.

The cam operators did a great job & a big thank-you to them too. Way to gals! :biggrin3

YES I agree
I wondered if anyone knew if Doug was feeding Ma and Pa and Halie this year.

Offline typoscount2

• HEGPS
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2012, 09:20:56 AM »
looks like mom had taken off and is heading to where ever she goes for this time of year, dad  and Hali  also seem to have taken flight earlier this week,

this has been an excellent year for them, they all seem to be  so robust and healthy , the food supply must have been better and better timed this year  !

thankyou to the vid reporters and screen cappers and cam supporters, we have been very been blessed to see such a successful nesting year here  

and the new view has revealed that there is still so much more to be revealed about these wonderous creatures and thier nieghbours
I have been typoscount2  & nsbirder then Non4now, but no more,
onward to       ImpInNS
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hornby-Eagle-Group-Projects-Society/292341380792123

Offline passerine

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2012, 09:26:29 AM »
Also a huge thank-you to our ground observers & photographers. Got love this family portrait photo by Boonibarb. :heart http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php?topic=939.msg115923#msg115923

There was plenty of natural food sources this year for Mom, Dad & Hali. They all looked especially healthy & ready to go fishing. Hali will be in her glory. :biggrin3

Offline sparkie

• HEGPS
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2012, 09:37:47 AM »
Wonderful Year for Mum and Dad Hornby.  Lots of food for them this year.   Mum looked better at the end of this season than she has in years .
 Thank you pass for posting that picture of Boonibarbs. It is a wonderful picture ..    I Saw Mojo used similar in the Cafe for her new design. Its wonderful.   
 Hali is off on life's adventure and we wish her well . She had wonderful parents and a Healthier eaglet I have not seen in sometime  :thumbup:  Fly high Hali . Fly Well

Offline MoJo

• HEGPS
    • Creations by Maureen
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2012, 09:49:37 AM »
Yes, a wonderful year indeed.  It was heart-warming to see such a well-fed and healthy family this year.

Mother Nature, with their natural food sources being so plentiful, supplementing would be unnecessary and inappropriate.

Hali, have fun at the salmon runs with all your new friendlets; Mom and Dad, see you in about six weeks!

Mojo
Products featuring Hornby eagles, heritage, sports, singing, dancing & more!
www.cafepress.com/creationsbymo

Offline boodle317

• HEGPS
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2012, 11:21:52 AM »
Yes!  What a wonderful season we've had.  I already miss her, but know that she got a great head start in life with incredible parents and a good food supply.!!

Can hardly wait to hear Dad trilling in early October! 

Big thanks to all the ground obs people...the video makers...the cam operators and everyone that made this season so special!  I LOVE our new cam.  Watching Hali learn after her initial fledge, was simply the most exciting thing I've seen on a wildlife cam in some time.!

Offline paintnut

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2012, 01:49:32 PM »
Aug 17 12:08pm and eagle fly by?

Aug 17 1208pm unknown fly by

Offline paintnut

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2012, 01:50:27 PM »
12:45 pm another eagle flies by over Sandstone Point to the right

Aug 17 1245pm and eagle fly by

Offline mother nature

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2012, 02:50:02 PM »
It is great that the eagles had such a good natural food supply this year.
I look forward to seeing Ma &Pa in Oct.

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2012, 07:21:50 PM »
Time to say farewell, but not goodbye, to the Hornby Island Eagles.  Mom and Dad Hornby will return in the fall to begin restoring their nest in anticipation of eggs next spring.  What a successful season!  A fledged eaglet.   A new camera showing us both the nest and the surrounding area.

At the end of each season, I feel a sense of sadness but also anticipation for the next season. Over the years we've learned that there can be both tragedy (death of tiny Echo and beautiful Phoenix) and exhilaration (all the eaglets that have fledged). So each season is special and nothing should be taken for granted.

Farewell Hornby Island Bald Eagles 2012

Video without music, and a different ending, is here:

Farewell Hornby Island Bald Eagles 2012

NB:  Best to watch these videos on YouTube, using the large player window.
Jean, California

Offline paintnut

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2012, 05:20:53 AM »
August 17 245 pm a possible eagle call

Aug 17 245pm maybe eagle call

Offline paintnut

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2012, 05:22:14 AM »
8:21 pm an eagle or perhaps heron flying near the niner perch tree

Aug 17 821pm flying

Offline ccfan

« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2012, 01:33:20 PM »
I can only imagine how quiet Hornby suddenly becomes as the eagles leave for the salmon runs :ecwink...it must let everyone's ears get tuned up for the first trill of return.

Thank you all for such an interestingyear and approach to watching the cam...we were pretty well acquainted with the in nest activities and now seeing them from a whole new angle has made the experience much richer.  Any which way, Mom and Dad Hornby and their assorted offspring are the best.  I wonder how many of the nesting adults are their offspring from earlier years?

:hearts2  :grouphug :s*
There is grace afoot in this world and it will find you.