Author Topic: Questions Regarding How to Use this Forum  (Read 5422 times)

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
Questions Regarding How to Use this Forum
« on: April 09, 2011, 07:30:10 PM »
Questions and Answers:

Please ask any questions regarding how to use the forum here.  We will be glad to answer them and help you find your way.  

If you read the Introduction to the Forum topic, it should help you.  Welcome !   :biggrin3

http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php?topic=443.0
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 06:55:10 AM by NancyM »
beth
from California

Offline zeph

Re: Questions Regarding How to Use the Forum
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 10:25:10 AM »
Hi emc,
I have 5 screen shots, with chat comments, of mom laying her 2nd egg  , including a comment from Doug.
 I don't know if these would be of interest or where I should post them?   If they are duplicates they could be deleted.  Is there a place to post them where they can  be reviewed?
Thanx emc,
zeph  aka zzzeph

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 10:49:41 AM »
zeph, that sounds wonderful.  :ecsmile Hornby Nest Discussion would be the place. I look forward to seeing your post.  And it can all go in one if that works out for you.

Here is a link to that topic
http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php?topic=525.0
beth
from California

Offline Sherina

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 03:08:17 AM »
Sometimes we post something without reading the topics carefully it should not at all.

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 08:56:22 AM »
That's true Sherrina.  But we are all human and make mistakes.  And we are patient and glad to have our members post. Usually a new one will make some mistakes, but if they are patient, they will learn.    :ecsmile. You should have seen some of my blunders.  :eceek
beth
from California

Offline gzebear

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 02:20:11 PM »
I hope this is a good place to ask this question ...

I cannot find some things I have referred to many times in the past. One is the nest tree map. Not the map of Hornby Island showing all the nests, but the map of the area around Mom & Dad's nest tree showing the other trees where they like to perch. I'm sure it's here somewhere but I can't find it.

The other is the Research Observations for past seasons. This is the easiest place to find dates of what happened when, links to videos, etc. The Nest Discussion is much too cumbersome with all the miscellaneous posts, scaps, thank yous, etc. But where have the Research Observations gone?

I personally am finding the recent rearrangement of the forum quite frustrating. Perhaps it's a work in progress and soon everything will be once again well-organized. In the meantime, can you direct me to the information I'm looking for? Thanks so much.

love, gze

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
    • My Flickr picture albums
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 03:37:22 PM »
gze,  because we are no longer streaming the Hornby cam, we have decided to remove the Reference Centre and the Research Observations from the public part of the forum.  A few topics like the Diction-airie will be returned (thanks for the reminder), but the ones that AJL, Madrona, and I wrote most likely will not be.  The Hornby cam threads and topics relating to other nests on Hornby Island are still in a special section that is separate from the other cams that we watch (http://www.ournaturezone.com/index.php?board=3.0). We do have a new topic set up for the 2011-2012 season for those of us  who will continue to follow the cam, but will be showcasing those nests on which HEGPS places cams (we hope that will be soon).

I hope this helps to answer your questions.

Offline gzebear

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 12:28:00 PM »
Nancy, it answers my question, but it does not make me happy. I always thought of the Research Observations / Daily Summary as a group effort – many people helped, including me.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.

Now it is “off limits” to us? (the 99%) If I had ever imagined the admins could or would remove this vital information from “public view”, I would have kept my own research notes instead of helping with what turned out to be “yours”. Now I get to wade through 300 pages of wows and thank yous and duplicate scaps in the Nest Discussion to glean out information that was once so concise and easy to find.

I might be grumpy for awhile.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:14:33 AM by NancyM »

Offline blackster1

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 05:22:53 PM »
Gze, Is this the map you are looking for? 

Offline gzebear

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 05:32:02 AM »
thank you blackster, yes that's the one. It's on the forum:

Our Nature Zone > The Eagles of Hornby Island > Around Hornby Island > Mom and Dad Hornby - the webcam nest > Archive 2009-2010 ~ Phoenix & Dudley >  Ground Observations 2009 - 2010 - The Phoenix Season

Just didn't think to look there.