Author Topic: Hornby Nest Discussion 2009 - 2010  (Read 743920 times)

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
Re: Hornby Nest Discussion
« Reply #3090 on: September 26, 2010, 11:52:41 AM »
Cam is back up Live.  :biggrin3  There is a bug on the CU cam lens. I thought it was a shadow at first, as it moved.
beth
from California

Offline Tosia

« Reply #3091 on: September 26, 2010, 05:46:39 PM »
It is great to see the came back on and running.  Thank you for the work you've done.
I can't wait for Mom and Dad Hornby to comeback to the nest.  I am counting days.
Love you all.

Offline beans

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #3092 on: September 27, 2010, 11:34:12 AM »
Test video clip, September 27, 11:11 AM

click to play
Jean, California

Offline MallardView

« Reply #3093 on: September 27, 2010, 12:37:02 PM »
Great to see the cams working again!

Is there any chance of a pic showing where the cams are placed in relation to the nest?

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #3094 on: September 27, 2010, 12:44:53 PM »
It's looking good, Beans.  Thanks for posting the picture.  I like the new PIP (Picture-in-picture), especially since sometimes we like to see both the Wide-angle cam and the Close-up cam at the same time.   :eclove

This whole set-up keeps getting better and better!   :nod2
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline birdvoyer

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #3095 on: September 27, 2010, 01:06:03 PM »
MallardView, if you go to the Hornby Eagles website http://www.hornbyeagles.com/gallery.htm# scroll down to 2007 gallery photos and you can see the cam proximity. The cam that you can see easily, is the wide angle cam and mount. The close up cam is a bit lower by the nest. The new cam will be mounted similarly near the nest but we have not seen the actual structure as Doug is still fabricating it. Hope this gives you abetter idea of where the cams are located.

Hello and welcome to the forum by the way. We hope that you enjoy your time here. There is lots to see and learn.
 :nod2

Offline suziq-41

« Reply #3096 on: September 27, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »
Wonderful!!! Lets pray for a better year, couldn't handle another last year. :thumbup:  Suziq

Offline Blue Eyes

« Reply #3097 on: September 27, 2010, 04:41:41 PM »
This promises to be an excellent viewing year thanks to the hard work of Doug, Sheila and all their helpers. Now we just have to wait for the return of our loving couple. Perhaps a successful season will lessen the grief we all still feel over the loss of Pheonix although I am sure that all of us who watched his birth and growth will never forget.

Offline lnickle

« Reply #3098 on: September 27, 2010, 05:21:43 PM »
I'm getting so excited about the imminent return of Mom and Dad.  Tuned into the cam today and could see the heavy winds moving branches and even the tree (hope it's still in good enough shape to hold the nest securely).  No audio; when will it be available?

Eaberly waiting,
Lynne

Offline passerine

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #3099 on: September 27, 2010, 06:03:03 PM »
welcome to the forum Inickle.  :ecsmile

The tree been there a real long time so i figure it'll be fine, although i'm no arborist. There will be audio all the kinks are being worked out stay tuned.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #3100 on: September 27, 2010, 07:30:13 PM »
So looking forward to the return of Mom and Dad. Hope they fed well and ready
to prepare the nest for the new brood. I am like most watching and waiting for them.
Sunny :thumbup:

Offline bruner

« Reply #3101 on: September 27, 2010, 07:37:59 PM »
Hi Sunny:

You sound excited...ha, ha...like the rest of us.  Just a couple of more "sleeps" and Mom and Dad will hopefully be back.

See you in the chat room. 

"bruner"

Offline amazedbyeagles

« Reply #3102 on: September 27, 2010, 09:01:44 PM »
Big Thanks go to Raptorman for all his work on the software for the computer, and for hooking up the new nite vision cam!!!!   And Huge Thanks to Doug and Sheila for continuing to host this site and these amazing cams!!!!   We are all so anxious for Mom and Dad Hornby's return.....and with a sense of excitement for a new season!  Who know what will happen??  We wait and watch, and watch and wait....and the eagles will do what they do!  And we love them for that!

Offline Donnae

• HEGPS
« Reply #3103 on: September 27, 2010, 11:15:33 PM »
I will second that amazed.... can hardly wait!!!

Offline AJL

• HEGPS
« Reply #3104 on: September 28, 2010, 12:12:34 PM »
I'm posting this happy news on several threads so that everyone who followed Brigabooni and Niner can rejoice tomorrow.

The eaglets will be released at 11 A.M. at the Big Qualicum River Campground.  http://www.qualicumfirstnation.com/

Maj chose this area rather than releasing them to Hornby because it is known that there are a lot of fish in the river and there are still many eagles there. They will be able to learn to forage well and learn from others, and that is a very good thing for them.

Maj has said that you are welcome to attend the release. It will be filmed, too.  :eclove
There is nothing in which the birds differ more from man than the way in which they can build and yet leave a landscape as it was before.  ~Robert Lynd, The Blue Lion and Other Essays