Author Topic: New Hornby Eagle Cam  (Read 93125 times)

Offline Faerie Gardener

Re: New Hornby Eagle Cam
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 02:12:54 PM »
YAY!

Thank you to all the wonderful folks involved. Now, let's have Spring!

"In all things of Nature there is something of the Marvelous"  -Aristotle

"A garden is never as good as it will be next year" -Anon

Offline Juniorsmom

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 02:37:18 PM »
So happy to see that a camera will be back.  Been watching Mom and Dad for two years, since Phoenix was one-day old, and have missed seeing them these last few months.  Thanks again to Doug and Sheila for all you did in bringing us a look at these beautiful birds and to everyone connected with this new camera.  Looking forward to seeing them again.  :thumbup:

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »
  A BIG Welcome to OurNatureZone Forum.  :eclove

Pull up a chair, make yourself comfy. Explore, and don't hesitate to ask for help finding something or any other help we can give.(  :blush  Sorry, no we can't file your taxes for you  :mhihi  )

So great to see you all. Thank you for coming! We hope you'll join us here  :biggrin3

Khanchett

Happyfeet

Starstreams

Bullie

Caro

Aliemae

Pricillash

Pamelae

Birdsie

Roxymom1

Akelliot

Hawthorne

Exbamateacher

Eagle63

Juniorsmom
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:43:37 PM by NancyM »
beth
from California

Offline Canadianldy

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 03:47:09 PM »
Such exciting news!  :thumbup: I generally tend to lurk in the chat but I was there for the big announcement last evening and I have to admit I cried like a baby---of course they were tears of joy. I started watching in 2006 and for some reason or another I missed a few years.  Last year I was thrilled to watch Alexandria and David fledge. This year I again plan to be an avid watcher.  Thank you, thank you, THANK you!

Offline zuzcat

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2012, 03:53:07 PM »
Now, I should not have been surprised that HEGPS found a way to get a camera back on the Hornby eagles, but I was very surprised, and VERY HAPPY to hear the news.  I immediately made a donation to help defray the costs... not as much as I would like to have made, though.

So, BIG congratulations are in order to everyone involved with this project and a big thank you all involved, including the camera tree property owner, etc.  2012 is going to be a good year after all.  The Hornbys were the eagles that "got me hooked" in 2006 and I have been watching them and chasing all eagle cams ever since.   :mhihi :binocs  

Big Eagle Hugs  :grouphug2 to all involved
and a Huge THANK YOU to  :bow our Heroes of the Year!!!

Offline Lucia

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2012, 04:21:49 PM »
It was really an admirable job of a wonderful team of people, who are part of HEGPS. I've seen the video a few times and saw an intense love and searching for a dream, dream of us all. Mishi, Boonie, Cali, AJL who made this video that deeply touched my heart. "The DARE DREAM." Forever. I'm very, very happy! Thank you! :heart :heart :heart :heart
The human spirit needs places where nature has not beeing rearranged by the hand of man.

Offline joyofdogs

• Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2012, 05:09:47 PM »
This is truly a wonderful and exciting thing that is unfolding.  It has been a labour of love and is in alignment with HEGPS stated purposes which are:

(a) To educate the public on the importance of preservation of wildlife and wildlife habitat.
     (b) To stream or embed webcam(s) for viewing over the internet, when possible.
     (c) To provide educational resources (we maintain a website, forum, live chat, and Facebook page).
     (d) To assist and promote the work of wildlife rehabilitation and recovery centers.

While this is a HEGPS initiative I personally want to thank Boonibarb and Mishikeenhquay for their tireless devotion and effort to making this happen.  You are the BESTEST.   :bow :biggergrin2  :thumbup:  :heart
'Material things can't make the soul whole;
only love, trust, and a community of friends can do that.' ~ moi

Offline mamalion

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2012, 06:47:56 PM »
Ever since our beloved Hornby cam was closed down something died inside me, even though I was able to watch mom and dad decorah.... Those times were so awesome and although one should move on I loved them dearly, like everyone else. Today, once again my heart is singing at last nights news and I want to thank the owner of Gregg's Tree for granting his permission to allow us once again be able to view our beloved family.  Also one huge thank you to all HEPGS members for their untiring dedication and caring in making this possible... Once again we can fly with Mom and Dad Hornby who make our spirits soar. :ty :grouphug2  :grouphug2  :thumbup: :heart
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:29:53 PM by typoscount2 »

Offline knitmaster

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2012, 09:33:01 PM »
Couldn't say it any better than mamalion! Kudos to all who have worked so hard to make this happen! I can't wait!

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2012, 09:45:26 PM »
  A BIG Welcome to OurNatureZone Forum.  :eclove

Pull up a chair, make yourself comfy. Explore, and don't hesitate to ask for help. Lots of helpfull people here.

Thank you for coming! We hope you'll join us here  :biggrin3

Lucia

Canadianldy
beth
from California

Offline nubchai

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2012, 08:32:24 AM »
Thank you!  Thank you !  Thank you !   I know the view will be different but the thought we wouldn't have any live shots of the Hornby eagles this year was truly depressing.   Thanks to HEGPS for thinking of all the Hornby eagle lovers out here :)

Sandy

Offline texaslonestar50

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2012, 01:49:39 PM »
Until last year, I didn't know eagle cams existed.  One day I was milling around the internet and just happened to find the Hornby Eagles.  Boy, was I in for a big surprise that changed my life. I fell in love with these magnificent eagles from the get-go.  I was hooked!!  I had never seen an eagle nest being prepared for eggs, eggs hatching and eaglets growing up and fledging.  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would witness nature at her finest, by the grace of God, as the Hornby Eagle family has provided. 

I would like to thank each and everyone who has ever had a hand in making the lives of the Hornby Eagles so much a part of my life. 

Thank you HEGPS, Doug and Sheila and the owner of Gregg's tree.

I am so looking forward to the new view of the Hornby's.

Sincerely,
Texaslonestar50

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2012, 02:26:44 PM »
Texaslonestar,

I think all of us can relate to your post. I never dreamed I'd be able to witnesss life in a nest before the Hornby Eagles were broadcast! Such a treasure! The world has learned a lot from watching them. And now there are all kinds of live animal cams. Yes, we have much to be thankful for Doug and Sheila and David Hancock and Hancock Wildlife Foundation who first broadcast them.  :ecsmile
beth
from California

Offline jungleland

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2012, 07:23:05 PM »
HEGPS thank-you so much for daring to dream!!! :thumbup:

I have appreciated the wonderful pictures from Booni and Wren but have missed the sounds of our favorite eagles.   The Hornby's have so much personality and I miss their antics too.  I can't wait for our new view of the nest and surrounding area.

I would like to make a donation but can't seem to find how to do that here on the forum.  Can someone repost it here?

I appreciate all you guys do!!!  You're the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :ty :ty :ty

Offline emc

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2012, 07:49:24 PM »
Jungleland, thank you very much. The Hornby's are so special aren't they? I love their interactions too.
beth
from California