Author Topic: New Hornby Eagle Cam  (Read 86232 times)

Offline ccfan

Re: New Hornby Eagle Cam
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2012, 08:27:14 PM »
There are no adequate words for all the dedication work and LOVE that has and is going into this project.
THANK YOU!!!!
 :grouphug2 :s* :thumbup:
There is grace afoot in this world and it will find you.

Offline akelliot

« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2012, 02:47:30 PM »
thanks to all for making this all possible.  Is there a date when it will be ready?  If so, is there a link to it?
Thanks,
Anna

Offline UpstateNYer

« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2012, 12:25:08 PM »
Are there any updates available on when the camera might go live?  Can hardly wait to see our Hornby family again!
If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what have always gotten.

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
    • My Flickr picture albums
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2012, 12:41:48 PM »
We are getting very close, but still have a couple of adjustments to make (isn't that always the way?)  There will be an announcement posted here 24 hours before the cam goes live.

Offline UpstateNYer

« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2012, 01:42:58 PM »
Thanks for the info Nancy - just being impatient!!
If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what have always gotten.

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2012, 08:25:10 PM »
Waiting for the start up of the new camera is very difficult.  :nod2  All will be revealed when the team has everything working as it should.  Patience is a virtue - - - -  :eclol

I am sitting here chuckling as I am reminded of a line from the 1965 movie 'The Agony and the Ecstasy'.( about the relationship between Michaelangelo painting the frescoes on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, and Pope Julius II, who when not off fighting to secure Italy, nagged Michelangelo to speed up his painful work on the frescoes.)

Michaelangelo would be up on the scaffolding looking up for hours while painting the ceiling.  The Pope would come into the chapel and look up and ask him "when will it be done?".  To which Michaelangelo always replied "when it is done".    :eclol

BTW - Charlton Heston portrayed Michaelangelo and Rex Harrison the Pope.  :thumbup:

Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013

Offline Tigerlady105

• HEGPS
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2012, 08:46:18 PM »
 :eclol  BBE

We're all looking forward to the day we can watch the Hornby eagles live again!   :thumbup:

It will be quite a different view because of the distance from the cam to the tree, but we should be able to see some things we haven't been able to see before.   :nod2
Commit random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature; he finds it attached to the rest of the world". ~John Muir

Offline Deeeks

« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2012, 06:50:56 AM »
WOW....Reminds me of that old Heinz Ketchup commercial.....Anticipation....Can't hardly wait. Thanks to all involved for your diligent work in making this happen. It brings so much joy and lifts so many spirits to see these beautiful creatures. :ecsmile

Offline Bhrighde

« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2012, 11:42:02 AM »
It's so exciting!!
I can hardly wait to see Ma and Pa Hornby again!
 :thumbup:
"Do the best that you can in the place where you are, and be kind."
- Scott Nearing, American Conservationist (1883-1983)

Offline nubchai

« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2012, 05:19:51 PM »
Nancy will the new cam have a chat room connected to it?

Thanks!

Sandy

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2012, 07:10:17 PM »
nubchai/Sandy -  yes it will!  We will be using our current page with the cam (plus Decorah cam) and chat.

this is where we are now, and where we will be:  http://www.hornbyeagles.com/HEGPSchat.htm

Hope to see you there!

Offline zuzcat

« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2012, 10:11:38 AM »
 :bow :abra Bowing to the magic of The Hornbys!  Giant hugs and thanks yous to everyone involved in this project. Your ideas and effort are always appreciated and will pay off soon. :group

Offline nubchai

« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2012, 08:04:38 AM »
nubchai/Sandy -  yes it will!  We will be using our current page with the cam (plus Decorah cam) and chat.

this is where we are now, and where we will be:  http://www.hornbyeagles.com/HEGPSchat.htm

Hope to see you there!

Hi Nancy!

Thanks - I will be there every day :)

Sandy

Offline NancyM

• HEGPS
  • Administrator
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2012, 02:19:28 PM »
Update!

We know everyone is anxious to see the new cam. We have been testing it and want to tell you where we are at the moment.

While testing, we have seen some wonderful views of the eagles from a vantage point that we did not have before with the original cameras. The cam could not be installed as high in Gregg's Tree as we had hoped, so zooming to the very tip of the Babysitting Tree is not possible at this time, but we can see Mom or Dad sitting in the tree and flying in and out from it. We can see Mom's part when she is on the nest facing the water and the fly-ins and -outs from the nest are wonderful.

We have been able to identify a number of landmarks in Mom and Dad's territory and have some presets on the cam in order to "tour" their area.

We like what we're seeing, and hope that those who are anxious to see Mom and Dad and who have always wondered what happened beyond the view of the original cams, will like it too.

There is an issue we'd like to see resolved before going live and we are awaiting delivery of a part. Fortunately, we have some great help and we are confident this will be resolved.

Offline BBE

• HEG
  • Friend of HEGPS
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2012, 09:00:57 PM »
Nancy, thanks for the update. Great photos, as you know I love the evening view of the 'golden stump'.

Many thanks to all, you're the best.  :woohoo
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced. (Anonymous)
Avatar is of Karula (female leopard). May 1, 2013